No announcement yet.

Reccomendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomendations

I'm trying to start boxing for real and need some help. While I'm at home during the winter break and summer break, I have access to a few boxing gyms in the Atlanta area. But while I'm away at college in Valdosta, the majority of the year, all I have is this one gym that only teaches kick-boxing and basic karate. I train by myself with my roommate daily on the heavy bag, with the mits, shadow-boxing, using a rope to practice slips and a tennis ball, and studying tons of tape and reading. I'm 5' 7", stay beteen 130-135, and I run x-country so it's not a lack of shape I'm in as much as needing a way to learn the technical skills of the sweet science. Should I start going to that gym, or should I just stick with what I'm doing and work with the hand I'm dealt until I can get in a better situation.

yea that's what i was worried about. i dont wanna heavily ingrain bad habits, but i also didn't know about learning kick-boxing and developing the habits associated with that then having to change it every summer til i graduate to adapt back to boxing

Comment

i cross- trained boxing and kickboxing for years, works just fine

Comment

then kick-boxing it will be. thanks a lot ya'll for your input. any more would still be greatly appreciated

Comment

/

if you dont mind doing kick boxing then do kickboxing but if you want to box you have to join a boixng gym or when your learning kick boxing , you have to understand that its boxing you want to do so when you go back home to practice you want to use boxing stance and boxing moves it may become dificult not to mix the 2 together, or you can just learn kick boxing then your ok.

you could kickbox for A while then later move to a boxing gym.
          but it can be good to learn 2 diffrent matrial art such as kick boxing and boxing especialy with the mma and ufc becoming really popular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJgg3XHLhs
          check that out.

but if you dotn like kcik boxing and have your heart set on boxing then learn to box

Comment

go to a boxing gym may be a good choice

Comment

well i want to go to a boxing gym, but i only can go during the holidays because i don't have one within 100 miles either way of me.

Comment

Working...
              X