Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Tua Announces Fight With Alexander Ustinov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: David Tua Announces Fight With Alexander Ustinov

Duco Events today announced Tua has signed on for the Hydr8 ZERO David vs Goliath bout against the formidable world heavyweight championship contender Alexander Ustinov on 31 August, 2013 at Claudelands Arena Hamilton.

The giant 36 year old Russian, who stands at a towering 6ft’ 8in" (203cm), has won 28 of his 29 professional boxing bouts earning him a top 10 ranking in both the WBA and IBF heavyweight divisions.

With only one loss in boxing to IBF world No 1 Kubret Pulev, the four time K1 Grand Prix title winner represents Tua’s toughest assignment since his drawn contest against Hasim Rahman ten years ago.

"I told the guys at Duco that I would fight anyone," the Tuamanator (40) said. "And I am a man of my word. "Alexander will be a challenging opponent on a number of levels. But I need ‘challenging’. I am boxing again because I eventually want to have another shot at the heavyweight title. That chance will never come if I run from fights. And that is something I have never done.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow Tua has rapidly aged and though you can't see much I can not imagine him being in decent shape.

I suddenly don't like this, please stay retired.

Comment

few days ago some one made a thread how Tua might be lean. doesn't seem so.. some fighters deserve a better life, rather then fight at age 40 or so. And Tua had ****ty promoter who screwed him, not like man blew all his $. I wish him best luck

Comment

Tua getting a shot at the Klitschkos? They gotta be kiddin.

Comment

Tua has had so many hard battles in his career, he deserves a title shot more than the young bumfighters of today's era.

Very tough fight ahead.. good luck!

Comment

Tua is 5 levels past washed up. It would be incorrect to say stick a fork in him, he's done. That would have been said about 10 years ago.

Comment

I really can´t see Tua as a real contender any more no matter how hard he works, but if he lands that monstrous left hook of his on Ustinov´s chin who knows.. for those who can appreciate a true HW war, look up Tua vs Ikeabuchi on youtube. One of the best HW fights ever.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Wow Tua has rapidly aged and though you can't see much I can not imagine him being in decent shape.

I suddenly don't like this, please stay retired.
                because in February he posted a picture on his FB, he actually looked great.

Here are recent photos of Tua for those wondering.

Here is the picture from February.
                Last edited by intoccabile; 06-25-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

WAR TUA!!!

Comment

Posted 10 minutes ago. Def looking chunky.

Comment

Working...
                    X