No announcement yet.

How do you know if you're hittin the bag right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know if you're hittin the bag right

I know that if you hit it & it goes flying that's bad technique...

...but shouldn't it move at least a bit if you're hitting it with actual power? Is there a way the bag should move or should hitting the bag have a certain kind of sound that you can use to tell if you're hitting it properly?

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
    I know that if you hit it & it goes flying that's bad technique...

...but shouldn't it move at least a bit if you're hitting it with actual power? Is there a way the bag should move or should hitting the bag have a certain kind of sound that you can use to tell if you're hitting it properly?
    Of course a bag should move but you don't want to push it. Your punches need to be clean and crisp and you don't have to beat on it full force like some do.

A bag should move because you use that movement to simulate a live opponent and to move yourself around the bag. You shouldn't hit the bag as it comes at you because you risk breaking your writs of hurting your hands.

There are many techniques and many different ways to use it though.

Comment

When you make solid impact theres a feel you get up your arm into your shoulder. Its a SOLID feel and the punch should be deep in the bag if your working power shots.

You need a good bag, you need good bag gloves. You really need someone to show you and teach you just how to do it correctly. Theres a right & wrong way to learn in boxing and what you FIRST learn will stick with you so learn things right the first time. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        When you make solid impact theres a feel you get up your arm into your shoulder. Its a SOLID feel and the punch should be deep in the bag if your working power shots.
        Ray.
        I'm glad to hear this, cause that feel in the shoulder is EXACTLY what I get when hit the heavy bag lmao

Comment

Working...
        X