No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Doesn't Think Much of Bowie Tupou

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Doesn't Think Much of Bowie Tupou

Bowie Tupou weighed 28 pounds more than him Friday afternoon and has scored knockouts in 16 of his 22 professional wins.

Unbeaten Bryant Jennings, Tupou’s opponent Saturday night in Philadelphia, is far from impressed.

“I don’t really think much of him,” Jennings told BoxingScene.com regarding their NBC Sports Network main event. “I just know that he’s an obstacle that’s in my way. I’ve trained very hard and I’m prepared for a lot of things. I don’t think he’s going to bring anything that I haven’t seen or that I’m not ready for. And may the best man win.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jennings is one of better American hws on the scene. He looked impressive earlier this year in his stoppage of veteran Sergey Liakhovich but in his last fight he went the distance with some tomato can. I'm hoping Jennings looks impressive tonight against Tupou..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Jennings is one of better American hws on the scene. He looked impressive earlier this year in his stoppage of veteran Sergey Liakhovich but in his last fight he went the distance with some tomato can. I'm hoping Jennings looks impressive tonight against Tupou..
      I just saw the Fight Night 36 on this kid, i gotta love any man who lives with his grandmother by choice. I wish him the best

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
        I just saw the Fight Night 36 on this kid, i gotta love any man who lives with his grandmother by choice. I wish him the best
        Yeah, Jennings seems like a pretty down-to-earth humble guy. I heard that he was working his regular job (i forget what he does) and then training afterwards.

He's a pretty good boxer as well. His punches are very fluid and he's in impeccable shape.

Comment

6'2 with an 84 or 85" reach is crazy. he has a huge advantage over most HWs & that includes taller guys. his jab is the key & he will be able to counter with rights over a lazy jab. he could be a very difficult man to fight as he gains experience. he could start having troubles finding opponents. i hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

Why the hell was this card scheduled to compete vs the Pac/Maquez card?

NBC sports sucked Olympics, they gonna fail in Boxing too.

But atleast they trying, we had many dead weeks in last few months where there was no Boxing on Saturday nights, instead of making a card on NBC for that time they decided to put on a card during one of the 2-3times a year there's a Boxing PPV on.

Hire me NBC Sports, I can do better than the clown you got now.

Comment

Should have been an earlier start time. Now it has to compete with the PPV, UFC, and the Heisman Ceremony.

Comment

Jennings really looks like he's on the juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                  Why the hell was this card scheduled to compete vs the Pac/Maquez card?

NBC sports sucked Olympics, they gonna fail in Boxing too.

But atleast they trying, we had many dead weeks in last few months where there was no Boxing on Saturday nights, instead of making a card on NBC for that time they decided to put on a card during one of the 2-3times a year there's a Boxing PPV on.

Hire me NBC Sports, I can do better than the clown you got now.
                  All these dates were scheduled a year in advance dude

Comment

Working...
                  X