No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather-Guerrero, Rips Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather-Guerrero, Rips Andre Berto

On Saturday night , Robert ‘The Ghost’ Guerrero produced a stirring victory as he twice dropped Andre Berto while engaging in a physical war of wills with the former champion inside of the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif.

After twelve heated rounds that saw him give and take his share of flush punches, Guerrero would walk away with a unanimous decision victory after all three scorecards read 116-110 in his favor.

Often a shrewd assessor of talent in the ring, longtime HBO analyst Larry Merchant had no choice but to give Guerrero his just due. [Click Here To Read More]

"You would have thought the referee beat him up"

Comment

For the first time I agree with almost everything Merchant said.

Comment

dont know why berto was complaining...he always holds in jis fights...hit robert several times behind the head...even his corner at the end of the fourth told him to stop holding...he just upset a naturally smaller man beat him up

Comment

Easy to see why they chose Kellerman to commentate on Berto. Merchant, despite his flaws, was never going to toe the line and stick to the HBO-GBP-Haymon agenda.

Comment

I can't believe how biass towards Berto the idiot HBO comentator. was whats his name? Lederman

Comment

larry larry, not sure if beating berto puts him in the category to face mayweather, along with manny and saul? who has ginger beat to earn a shot at floyd? fck canelo and his average at best resume. maby robert doesn't deserve a floyd fight, but one thing is for sure, and thats ginger definitly doesn't. the most impressive thing to me in that fight(and there were a few things) was roberts skill and footwork to deal with tht shoulder roll. the ghost is slick and he gonna be handing out beatings. peace ya'll

Comment

the ref wasn't terrible, it's just Berto doesn't know how to fight on the inside.

if you want to see a bais ref just watch Khan vs Maidana. Cortez was wrestling with Maidana, literally throwing Maidana off Khan.

Berto just got out classed. he tried to fight like Broner and couldn't
                Berto has got a lot of heart but whining about the fight at the end really doesn't help his cause

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Easy to see why they chose Kellerman to commentate on Berto. Merchant, despite his flaws, was never going to toe the line and stick to the HBO-GBP-Haymon agenda.
                  yet he said canelo was a legit fight for floyd and not geurrero, who has done more to earn a fight with floyd then canelo but Canelo has a bigger fanbase which means more money for HBO. so lets not act like Larry isn't toeing the company line here.

I thought Ghost fought dirty early, especially the holding behind the head and hitting, but it wasn't enough to get Dq'd. Berto was off too long and doesn't have the in ring experience to deal with what ghost did. Then he whined like a lil ***** after as he hid behind the glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                    I can't believe how biass towards Berto the idiot HBO comentator. was whats his name? Lederman
                    Exactly, Jim Lampley always shout out laud when Berto hit Guerrero but when Guerrero hit Berto, you cant hear him praise Guerrero and most of the time, they keep implying that Guerrero is the one holding and being dirty! Same as Max, they cant see the hitting behind the head of Berto and they implying that Guerrero is the one holding... I missed Steward and Merchant on that fight, especially Steward...
                    Last edited by sapaw; 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X