No announcement yet.

People have been ducking Sergio all the way back when Forrest was stripped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    why would he choose to fight someone dangerous when he can make over a millino dollars fighting barker/macklin/dzinziruk type guys. he's not making any more fighting the dangerous guys hence the problem in boxing. taking risks is not rewarded.
    Pirog is reportedly earning a Million dollars per tomato can over in Russia ATM, so how in the hell is HBO going to even be able to afford a Pirog-Martinez fight if Pirog can command those type of purses for fighting the Mortisan's and Maciel's of the world?

And Barker, Macklin & Dzinziruk are far & away better than anybody Pirog has faced in his entire career. Macklin is actually a more proven Middleweight than Pirog himself. Hell, even Chavez Jr. is a more proven Middleweight than Pirog. Which is sad.

And i hear Golovkin & Proksa are available at the moment. A win over either would boost Pirog's resume from shit tier to somewhat decent. I'm sure both would love to be afforded the oppurtunity of obtaining a "world title". What's Pirog's excuse for not facing either of these gentleman?

Comment

There are plenty of fighters that want Sergio. Two welterweights not fighting him does not equal avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        Sergio can fight Pirog, Lee, Ward, Bute, Kirkland, Lara, anytime he wants, if he chose to do so.

Macklin is a good fight, and I don't understand how Sergio and Lou can say "Pirog is a nobody, hasn't done anything besides fighting Jacobs", but then turn around and fight Darren Barker, who no one knew at all at the time.

With that said, Pirog should shut up and raise his stock more by fighting Geale, which would be a great fight. But, it looks like Geale is fighting someone else in March instead.

Still, Pirog can fight Peter Quillin, a gave a solid performance against Mcewan, who gave Andy Lee all he wanted.

Quillin should get in the mix, he's probably the most talented MW besides Sergio.
        They tried to make that fight happen, and Showtime didn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          Pirog does the EXACT same ***** people moan that Sergios doing.

As soon as Lara took up the challenge to fight Pirog at a HIGHER WEIGHT and IN RUSSIA, Pirog starts talking retirement.
          Actually his team responded immediately to Lara.

Why do people make things up to make excuses for their fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            There are plenty of fighters that want Sergio. Two welterweights not fighting him does not equal avoided.
            /thread

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              why would he choose to fight someone dangerous when he can make over a millino dollars fighting barker/macklin/dzinziruk type guys. he's not making any more fighting the dangerous guys hence the problem in boxing. taking risks is not rewarded.

he should fight geale yet geale won't fight him and is fighting someone else. so how is he going to fight him?
              Word on here is that Darren Barker and Dzinziruk are world class fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                They tried to make that fight happen, and Showtime didn't want it.
                I know that. He could still fight Golovkin, Proksa, or even Quillin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  They aren't, but honestly what has Pirog done to show he is either? I didn't like the Barker fight. That shouldn't have happened. Pirog was more deserving than him. I do think Macklin though is more deserving than Pirog right now. I would like to see Pirog fight one top 10 guy and win before he's crowned the most avoided fighter in boxing. Right now JCC Jr. has more impressive victories, and that's pretty pathetic if he's got a better resume than another belt holder. Pirog has to make a simple choice, is getting big money fighting at home worth more to him than coming to America and fighting in the short term for much less money to get the shot at the big names in the future?

Comment

At the end of the day, Pirog is the biggest threat to Sergio at 160 and everyone knows it.

No amount of excuses and "oh but but buts" changes that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Young, undefeated lions!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X