No announcement yet.

I wish Corrie Sanders wasn't so old right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Corrie Sanders wasn't so old right now

I just looked him up to see if he was still young enough to make a comeback and found a birth year of 1966 and thought I mean yesterday I was on my walk and thought "I know he is old but lots of HWs are old nowadays", wouldn't it be great if he made a comeback, got a few good wins maybe even stretched Haye and set up the rematch with Wladdy? It would be something and a fight real boxing fans would want to see. Though in reality Wlad was green and with his now nearly perfected style he would be on safety and win every round in a tactical manner......just some boxing thoughts

Wladimir wasn't green by that time,he was always pampered & brought along way too slow.he had like 30fights before he fought anyone with a heartbeat.he had just bear mercer & mccline & several top heavyweights passed on a big a big payday to avoid fighting wlad.sanders was the 10th guy called so he took it.I got 15 sanders fights & he only fought past the 2nd round a couple times vs Rahman & vitali.he was the meaning of a guy MOONLIGHTING as a boxer.never trained or took the sport seriously.wlad got exposed that night.he never avenged the loss either.sanders turned it into a couple big paydays then retired again...watch sanders vs Rahman! Both Rahman & wlad had something in common...both had corrie sanders standing in front of them with a shot at lennox if they won.rahman got off the canvas twice to knock sanders out while wlad couldn't get off the canvas after being dropped 4 times.

Comment

Sanders was a great fighter, very fast hands (possibly one of the fastest in HW history?) real solid HW power, killer instinct, good shot selection, would work the body and head really well to score KO's and he was a southpaw,

I seen him recently lose to a domestic south african fighter, so i doubt he has the passion to box and make it at the top level anymore

Comment

Yea, he got KO'ed in the 1st round last year according to boxrec lol

Comment

Working...
        X