Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Mike Tyson a P4P all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider Mike Tyson a P4P all-time great?

What do you think?

In 2002, The Ring magazine listed Tyson at #72 in their "80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years" list.

In 2007, ESPN.com listed Tyson at #50 in their "50 Greatest Boxers of All-Time" list.
    Yes
    58.00%
    No
    42.00%
    Last edited by Knockdown; 02-11-2010, 06:47 PM.

No. He barely makes the cut of ATG HW's.

Comment

Had he defeated Bowe, Holyfield and Lewis, yes. Getting ko'd several times and not winning a major fight in the 1990's disqualifies him from being an ATG.

Comment

Yes Mike Tyson is an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
          Had he defeated Bowe, Holyfield and Lewis, yes. Getting ko'd several times and not winning a major fight in the 1990's disqualifies him from being an ATG.
          If he beat those 3 in their primes he would be ranked above Ali and Louis, you can bet that. The question is: is Tyson an ATG pound for pound. I say yes. Where he should be ranked is another story.

Comment

He is an ATG.In the early part of his career he was unbeatable he did enough then to qualify as an ATG. When his outside life caught up with him he did not perform so well but he had done enough to secure his legacy.

Comment

no.didnt beat enough really good fighters

Comment

P4P not at all. In strictly Heavyweight terms, he's not too far outside the All-Time top ten pantheon but I'd have to put him outside it.
                billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

No, I do not.

Comment

He's an ATG Heavyweight, but not a P4P ATG. As a rule I don't put Heavyweights on the my P4P lists but if I did I can think of several I'd rank higher than Tyson P4P. Let's not forget: Tyson weighed 217 in his prime which is pretty much more than almost all the pre-1980 Heavyweights in their primes.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X