No announcement yet.

NO FOUL PROTECTORS and USA-Boxing Approved Amateur Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO FOUL PROTECTORS and USA-Boxing Approved Amateur Gear

I have been training for months now and have sparred a few times with borrowed gear at my boxing gym. It is now time for me to get my own gear. I already have shoes (Adidas Box Hog), gloves (Ringside 18 oz IMF with velcro), etc, and have decided to get the Winning FG-2900 Headgear in black for sparring.

Now i need to choose my no foul protector. I already will have to buy new headgear for competition (the winning is only good for sparring), but I want a No Foul Protector that I can use to spar AND compete with. I want a protector that offers good support, offers wraparound kidney protection and most importantly, is USA-Boxing Aprroved!

Does anyone know if the GRANT CAMPEON no foul protector ~ http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22628 ~ is approved for U.S. Amateur Competition? If not, what else would you recommend? Thanks guys!

http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22616
    i got that 1 !!!
    its the **** its the 1 like hopkins uses

Comment

I use this one:
      http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25794

It doesn't have the USA boxing approved patch but i've never had my cup checked out in competition, they've always just asked if i had my cup and mouthpiece, and it says used by most amateurs and pros on ringside.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I haven't tried the Grant Pro, but I heard that when get punched on the waistline or just under with that model on, the bottom of the cup lifts up (because the protector is kinda stiff) and your junk can fall out. Then the protector clamps back down on whatever appendages may be sticking out. My trainer said he experienced that and recommends a cup underneath the Grant Pro No Foul Protector as a result. He said it does do well in terms of protection other than that as well as kidney protection and mobility.

Its funny you mentioned B-Hop wears this no-foul protector, and I did see it visible in the Tarver fight (which I was at and was ****ing awesome!). This might explain why the low blow by calzaghe that didn't look obscenely low had such an adverse effect on him. He mentioned something about the "tip of his penis" being on fire, so that sounds like it could be from what I described above. Have you experienced anything like this before as a result of the "clamping" issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
          Thanks for the response. I haven't tried the Grant Pro, but I heard that when get punched on the waistline or just under with that model on, the bottom of the cup lifts up (because the protector is kinda stiff) and your junk can fall out. Then the protector clamps back down on whatever appendages may be sticking out. My trainer said he experienced that and recommends a cup underneath the Grant Pro No Foul Protector as a result. He said it does do well in terms of protection other than that as well as kidney protection and mobility.

Its funny you mentioned B-Hop wears this no-foul protector, and I did see it visible in the Tarver fight (which I was at and was ****ing awesome!). This might explain why the low blow by calzaghe that didn't look obscenely low had such an adverse effect on him. He mentioned something about the "tip of his penis" being on fire, so that sounds like it could be from what I described above. Have you experienced anything like this before as a result of the "clamping" issue?
          But dont forget the bigger the cup the harder its goona be to get used to! I use this
          http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...protector.html

And sometimes I also use these compression shorts that come with the cup(which in my view is more comfy than the normal boxing cups)
          http://store.titleboxing.com/shock-d...horts-cup.html

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post

yea thats true ive experienced that but what i do i just ****in ti it up ****in hard and wuallahhh problem solved, and hopkins uses this grant cup when he fought Tito, all u need to do is just hook it harder and it works just fine!! look heres mine:

Comment

as u can see mine has the old logo cause i bought it in late 2006 right b4 they changed the model to what is now

Comment

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
                yea thats true ive experienced that but what i do i just ****in ti it up ****in hard and wuallahhh problem solved, and hopkins uses this grant cup when he fought Tito, all u need to do is just hook it harder and it works just fine!! look heres mine:
                what size is it? what waist size are you? do you have any other grant stuff you could review?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
                  what size is it? what waist size are you? do you have any other grant stuff you could review?
                  am 29 LOL so am a small hahaha, i always wanted to buy some sparing gloves from grant but there are tooooo expensive!!! i just have this cup from grant
                  bernard hopkins inspired me to buy it LOL
                  grant equpment>>>>>> all the other brands
                  the gloves look slick!!

Comment

I have grant 16ouncers for sparring.
                    I don't like 'em that much.
                    I absolutely LOVE their super bag gloves (just wish they had a little more protection).
                    The training gloves don't fit like the superbag gloves - the 16 ouncers fit huge, with a hangar bay for a pocket.
                    I haven't had a single pair of grants with a bunch of padding, the 16 ouncers seem to be the biggest example of this, and I can't see using them for sparring.
                    There's a lot of padding over the thumb & the back of the wrist which seems a lil bulky.
                    The extra long cuff is kinda nice- makes you feel like you can punch through a truck.
                    I have to wear knuckle guards with these gloves - which takes the edge off of them for sparring purposes as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X