No announcement yet.

My sparring session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sparring session

I had my 1st sparring session after training at my gym for 2 weeks the other guy had been training for about 3 months. Anyways when the timer started i came in trying to work my jab but it was so dam flimsy by the time i brought it back to my guard he poped me with a right hand several times for some reason i wasnt using no technique what so ever i just came in with double jab, right hand, left hook combination. I got him a few times but he got me good when brought me to the ropes and hooked me right in the gut i was so dam tired in the 2nd round i had no movement i tried to keep my jab up but dam the other guy can throw flurries he poped me in the nose with a right hand my nose was bleeding preety bad. I tried to face myself away from my trainer so he wouldnt see all the blood and stop the match i wanted to keep going so i can build up my toughness at the 3rd round he got tired real tired he was barely hitting back i tagged him with a left jab right, right cross combination i tried to back out quick as i can but BAM came a right hand.. my trainer seen blood all over my face and stopped it. I didnt feel NO pain at all i just wasnt conditioned enough.

i plan on sparring with him again, after getting my ass spanked by him just made me train even harder ive been working my left jab and learning how to keep my distance with the jab and my footwork (in and out) and practice bringing my hands up faster and my head movement etc.

i weighed at 138 and im 6'0
    he weighed at 144 and about 5'8
    If you have any tips or suggestions please comment.

First off I give you props for hanging in their and not "crying" about getting your ass handed to you the first time sparring. Its good that you have the heart to never give up. When I first started sparring I was sparring guys that had been fighting for years. I was 6' 155 ponds. If you have a long reach, like i do, then utilize that jab. Keep your jab out there and measure your opponent. Then when he comes in close, throw a quick combo then move around. Keep him on the outside and keep moving. After awhile you will get your confidence up and be more comfortable. The best advice I like to give is: Never leave the ring wishes you would've have done something; try everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleProdigy View Post
      I had my 1st sparring session after training at my gym for 2 weeks the other guy had been training for about 3 months. Anyways when the timer started i came in trying to work my jab but it was so dam flimsy by the time i brought it back to my guard he poped me with a right hand several times for some reason i wasnt using no technique what so ever i just came in with double jab, right hand, left hook combination. I got him a few times but he got me good when brought me to the ropes and hooked me right in the gut i was so dam tired in the 2nd round i had no movement i tried to keep my jab up but dam the other guy can throw flurries he poped me in the nose with a right hand my nose was bleeding preety bad. I tried to face myself away from my trainer so he wouldnt see all the blood and stop the match i wanted to keep going so i can build up my toughness at the 3rd round he got tired real tired he was barely hitting back i tagged him with a left jab right, right cross combination i tried to back out quick as i can but BAM came a right hand.. my trainer seen blood all over my face and stopped it. I didnt feel NO pain at all i just wasnt conditioned enough.

i plan on sparring with him again, after getting my ass spanked by him just made me train even harder ive been working my left jab and learning how to keep my distance with the jab and my footwork (in and out) and practice bringing my hands up faster and my head movement etc.

i weighed at 138 and im 6'0
      he weighed at 144 and about 5'8
      If you have any tips or suggestions please comment.
      Where do you train?

Comment

the same thing happened to me the first time sparring im 6'3" 225 pound and the guy was 6'4" about 250. the guy busted my nose good. and by the second round i was so tired. i felt like i ran marathon

Comment

Working...
        X