No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Cotto: You're The Toughest Guy I Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Cotto: You're The Toughest Guy I Fought

Floyd Mayweather has called Miguel Cotto the toughest opponent he has fought.

"You're a hell of a champion," Mayweather told Cotto afterward their WBA light-middleweight title bout in Las Vegas on Saturday night. "You're the toughest guy I ever fought."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree. Floyd's body language showed he was physically upset when Cotto finished those rounds landing solid shots. Glad Floyd was man enough to admit it.

Comment

Cotto earned his respect tonight.

He came to fight.

Comment

respect to cotto

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Cotto earned his respect tonight.

He came to fight.
          Absolutely! Cotto was primed for this one.

Comment

floyd just earned new stripes. he had to dig deep in this fight, im used to seein him cruise in the later rounds, but it goes to show that he could win a different ways, he took cotto's power punches and walk through them.

Comment

This is the kind of fight Floyd needed before serving his jail sentence, it'll stick with him and remind him how tough the elite level is. Cotto earned my respect, though he didn't seem happy

Comment

Floyd could have boxed and won an easy UD.........but he went toe to toe with Cotto and gave the fans a great night of boxing.

Comment

And they said Cotto was through....

Comment

Only trolls are saying Cotto won. Just ignore them.

I'm not sure Cotto is the toughest guy/fight for Floyd but he sure made him work for it. More than anyone else since Castillo possibly.
                    I think Cotto did more than Oscar despite not getting the same benefit of doubt from the judges as Oscar did (I had Oscar winning 3 rounds at most) to polish it up.

As a fan of Cotto I'm very proud.
                    I'm also very impressed with Floyd and his willingness to scrap. He's a lot tougher than most people think.

Comment

Working...
                    X