No announcement yet.

What the heck is an Internet Boxing Coach Part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarryRobinson
    Every time you post I learn so much! I and I'm sure everyone else in the boxing community appreciate your contribution to the sport. I'm honored that you'd even watch my videos, genuinely I'm floored. Here is a little video as a toke of my appreciation
    You can't put your videos up on a boxing website and then get your feelings hurt. I don't focus on myself or what I do or my gym. I enjoy coming here and talking about the big fights and boxing in general.

Again, you have said publicly that you don't get the "credit you deserve" where you exact words, so it's apparent that you seek attention and by the amount of videos you post, I think that's a fair assessment.

I'm not hating on your hustle, good for you that you have traveled and worked mitts with fighters all over the world. All I'm saying is that knowing the basics and working fancy mitts is but a small aspect of being a trainer.

Again, who am I...nobody. Just someone who ran into your videos because you posted so many of them in a public boxing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson
      Your mean Mr! tsk tsk Here I am complimenting you.... I still think your awesome. I have never critiqued you in anyway. I'm glad your on this forum and watch the things I post. Your right that's why I post them. Well anyway I hope we meet someday as I still have so much to learn. After all I'm just a mitt man. Thanks for your encouragement and positive reinforcements. I think I will drop my mentors Andrew Council and Fritz Sdunek in favor of you, wait no that's stupid. I will you my primary mentor and them my secondary mentors.
      Thanks again Mr HMIC. Talk soon.

Well while I have your attention could you please critique this video for me?

And this one too. Specifically what's wrong with my mitts here? I appreciate the minority's opinion of me because they're gonna tell you the truth right from the guy. Thanks in advance!
      Oh man, I'm terribly sorry Mr. Robinson. I think your the best ever! I do hope we meet some day so I can learn so much from you because my knowledge of boxing is nothing compared to yours.

Maybe you can autograph a pair of mitts for me, I promise not to use them though, just put them on my mantle at home or at the gym so all my guys can stare at them in amazement.

Thanks for the videos, keep posting them!

Comment

honestly, you will never learn to fight properly by reading books or watching videos. ever aspiring fighter needs a knowledgable coach watching over him daily to keep everything on the right track.

A+ on your hustle though.............Rockin'

Comment

Barry, no offense but act like a professional.

Comment

for the most part I didn't read it Barry.

I did get to the part where the guy said that his striking improved since watching your video. I guess for enthusiasts it could be entertaining but again I say that no video or book will ever teach you to fight properly.

as for 'the hustle' I was referring to putting in the work.....Rockin'

Comment

Barry,

maybe because of your military background, you are falling into the classical temptation when people simply share their opinions, right or wrong, and you trying to prove something... This is a sign of inner confidence problem

I do believe that it is the students who should boast over their coach, not the coach boasting over himself. Nothing personal, but it just does not work.

Anyway, like I said, I am ready for collab, I sent you skype messages, but no reply. Where is GOD DAMN professionalism?

Comment

Working...
              X