Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Marquez retired tomorrow where would you rank him as an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marquez retired tomorrow where would you rank him as an ATG?

He's has a great career and displayed some of the best combos i have ever seen,had a heart that you cant measure,where in the top 100 would you rank this legend?

Yes, JMM is an ATG.

I'm not sure where I'd rank him, I'd need to think about it some more.

Comment

I cant pick an exact number, but JMM is without question an ATG

Comment

Dunno. With a stunning KO of a legit ATG in his prime to end his career, along with his other 14/15 or whatever champions beaten? Gotta put him up pretty high.

Maybe around 50 somewhere, bit under possibly. I think I have to put him above Barrera and Morales now.

Comment

Hard to say.

Around 60-70 perhaps. That's just a rough estimate though.

He's a definite ATG now though. No question about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            He's has a great career and displayed some of the best combos i have ever seen,had a heart that you cant measure,where in the top 100 would you rank this legend?
            I only rank back to 1978/79 when I started watching boxing as a kid. He's one of the 25 or 30 best IMO since then.

Comment

not enough props for his Casa win.

He's only got 1-2 clear cut L's in his career, and that was coming up 2 weight classes against a guy who decided not to meet his end of the weight bargain.

granted, floyd likely beats jmm every day of the week BUT WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE if he beats Marquez at a weight that he'd have to make serious concessions to get to. That was the whole point of the agreed upon weight.

Norwood beat him too but it was a close fight.

All the Manny L's and John are seriously debatable.
              Last edited by Walt Liquor; 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

-Oldest LW Lineal champ in history
                -Went up in weight to knock out the #1 ranked WW, top P4P, ATG & main rival at the age of 39
                -Champ in 5 divisions
                -Won around 8 titles
                don't remember how many champions he's beaten but it's definitely over 10

he has been knocked down 11-12 times and has stayed down 0. Infact he has always came back to win with the exception of the Mayweather fight and the Norwood fight that some consider a robbery.

In 62 fights he only has 1 clear loss

FW: WBO,WBA,IBF champ, fought forTHE RING championship against Pacquiao

SFW: WBC champ fought for THE RING Championship against Pacquiao

LW: The RING,WBO,WBA Champ

JWW: WBO champ

WW: -(unoffical WBO champ) KO'd an ATG

if he had gotten the nod in those Pacquiao fights he would be a 3 time Lineal Champ

has wins over

-Pacquiao
                -Barrera
                -Casamayor
                -Juan Diaz x2
                -Medina
                -Gainer
                -Salido
                -Peden

he's a solid ATG
                Last edited by LeG00N; 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  I'm sure you will never rank Marquez above than Floyd because Floyd beat Marquez who beat Pacquiao therefor Floyd will also beat Pacquiao. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    -Oldest LW Lineal champ in history
                    -Went up in weight to knock out the #1 ranked WW, top P4P, ATG & main rival at the age of 39
                    -Champ in 5 divisions
                    -Won around 8 titles
                    don't remember how many champions he's beaten but it's definitely over 10

he has been knocked down 11-12 times and has stayed down 0. Infact he has always came back to win with the exception of the Mayweather fight and the Norwood fight that some consider a robbery.

In 62 fights he only has 1 clear loss

FW: WBO,WBA,IBF champ, fought forTHE RING championship against Pacquiao

SFW: WBC champ fought for THE RING Championship against Pacquiao

LW: The RING,WBO,WBA Champ

JWW: WBO champ

WW: -(unoffical WBO champ) KO'd an ATG

if he had gotten the nod in those Pacquiao fights he would be a 3 time Lineal Champ

has wins over

-Pacquiao
                    -Barrera
                    -Casamayor
                    -Juan Diaz x2
                    -Medina
                    -Gainer
                    -Salido
                    -Peden

he's a solid ATG
                    I'm pretty sure it's 16 now with the Pac win.

Btw, he's still only a 3 division champ. As much as I want it to be 5, he's only the interim champ at 140 i.e. not a champ at all, and though he should definitely be a champ at 147 now, boxing is boxing, meaning it's corrupt, thus he isn't.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 12-11-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X