No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant on The State of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant on The State of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

As I woke up this Monday morning I still had the excellent Super Bowl XLV game in my mind between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The matchup was a captivating one, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Packers holding off the Steelers 31-25, and an interesting sidenote to the festivities was highlighted when it was revealed that Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and flamboyant Floyd Mayweather had actually been enjoying the game together as they were guests of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

[Click Here To Read More]

Probably won't happen in 2011, so we have at least one more year full of this bs in front us...

Comment

Everybody hating on Mayweather becaus he's seemingly ducking Pac but truth be told, he'd probably be the favorite imho. He'd have a reach advantage, a height advantage, and size advantage. You add that to the guy's superior technical skills and theres no doubt in my mind he'd beat Pac. The only thing that might affect him is the long layoff. I'm not a May nuthugger by the way, and I respect both fighters skills equally but you gotta call it like it is.

Comment

just because he has all those advantages and would probably win doesn't have anything to do with him duckin Pac. I agree that he'd be the favorite, and would probably win, yet, as Larry pointed out, he's not 110% sure he'd win like he was when fighting Marquez, Mosely, etc. There is that doubt.
        If this fight never happens, it's a disgrace. and the blame goes to everyone - Pac for not initially agreeing to take the tests; Arum for making the negotiations public, Floyd for "taking a vacation" last summer, Ellerbe for denying negotiations even took place, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
          just because he has all those advantages and would probably win doesn't have anything to do with him duckin Pac. I agree that he'd be the favorite, and would probably win, yet, as Larry pointed out, he's not 110% sure he'd win like he was when fighting Marquez, Mosely, etc. There is that doubt.
          If this fight never happens, it's a disgrace. and the blame goes to everyone - Pac for not initially agreeing to take the tests; Arum for making the negotiations public, Floyd for "taking a vacation" last summer, Ellerbe for denying negotiations even took place, etc. etc. etc.
          Well said. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
            There's really no point in defending one and blaming the other here. As another poster I remember saying, this is boxing, everyone lies, everyone makes excuses, this is not US Open. Until both parties are seen really trying to make this fight happen, let's just leave it at that.

And fans, if you don't care enough to see your idol beat his opponent, there's no point in blaming his opponent. Blame your idol for once, whoever it is. Otherwise, just keep quiet.

Comment

I agree with Larry Merchant he makes sense, but Teddy Atlas he's non sense.

Comment

I garruntee if Pacquiao gets by Mosley in dominating fashion (and I assure you he will), he would be favored to beat Mayweather if they were to fight sometime in the next year or so. Manny will knock Floyd out in the fight, Floyd's scared

Comment

Another potential 20+ pages thread.

Comment

Manny only fights shot Top Rank fighters coming off a loss.....Mayweather doesnt fit that profile.

Comment

Working...
                    X