Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Molitor Hints at Retirement After The Ndlovu Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steve Molitor Hints at Retirement After The Ndlovu Loss

Former two time super bantamweight champion Steve Molitor has hinted that he might retire after suffering a shock decision loss to Takalani Ndlovu on Saturday in South Africa. In their two prior meetings, Molitor had beaten Ndoluv with ease. This time it was different. Ndlovu was the better boxer, the better fighter, and stronger.

[Click Here To Read More]

See Ya

This joke of a champion should retire. Before thre fight his trainer and everyone saying he looked as good as he did before he beat Hunter, now the retirement talk? My only regret is that we wont get to see him take another beating. PLEASE NO TSN COMMENTARY the only thing worse than watching this bum box would be listening to him calling a fight.

Comment

well I guess wv2 v.s molitor is not going to happen so make wv2 v.s ndlovu but we all know the african will stay in his country with that belt fighting bums

Comment

I think it's more in the head of Molitor more than anything, once he got knocked out by Caballero he became a different fighter. You can see it in his eyes once he gets hit, he starts fighting scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Tim View Post
          This joke of a champion should retire. Before thre fight his trainer and everyone saying he looked as good as he did before he beat Hunter, now the retirement talk? My only regret is that we wont get to see him take another beating. PLEASE NO TSN COMMENTARY the only thing worse than watching this bum box would be listening to him calling a fight.
          That's a little harsh...

He was a good fighter but not world class. Not very exciting (the fans seemed confused and frustrated every time he fought lol), my only real problem with him is that he ran his mouth and then got handled by Caba.

Hey, at least we don't have to hear Rod Black call boxing again. That can only be a positive.
          Last edited by RSBonos; 03-29-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            I think it's more in the head of Molitor more than anything, once he got knocked out by Caballero he became a different fighter. You can see it in his eyes once he gets hit, he starts fighting scared.
            Totally agree. Molitor's got some skills. He's slick and delivers nice combos, but he was already passive then, and then after Caballero, he became extremely gunshy.

Maybe he has a good life now with his beautiful wife and baby and is afraid to jeopardize it with a serious injury.

Comment

and this was the guy that everyone was complaining about donaire not getting the ability to fight? super bantam is a weak division. donaire was smart to want to stay at bantam

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                i agree with you.he was never the same but he has skills & is always in great shape but his lack of power really hurts him because fighters just pressure him now once they know he can't hurt them.i don't think he should retire.maybe just take a year off or so & take one more run at it.hes only 30....im sure arum will drop him soon...

Comment

Working...
                X