No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Wladimir vs. Deontay Wilder Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    If true, this is sad and a clear cherry-pick. I expected more from Wladimir.
    Hard to be a champion as Wlad - if you fight Wilder he is a cherrypick and if you dont then you duck him.....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      he was steward's assistant, and helped out a lot while he was sick. he's cornered wladimir more than once now.

it's unfortunate for him, because his career high pay day could ahve come in a fight with wladdy after banks knocked mitchell out.

now, that said, as head trainer of wladimir klitschko you make good money regardless. and you don't have to get knocked out by a 6'6" 250 lb ukrainian.
      from my understand most trainers get 10% or somewhere in that ball park...training wlad is probably more profitable then fighting. if he is getting 10% then he will get $100000 for every million wlad makes...he would stand to make 1.7 million for the povetkin fight. that is better then most of his purses...i'd stay training him too...

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Fury is one win away from a mandatory. Why would he risk it against Wilder?

On topic, ok fight I guess. Another cherry pick though better than piñata. Wilder is clearly very raw and needs at least 5 fights against top opposition to pose any challenge. But with his power and Wlads chin, anything could happen.
        I don't get it, what WON'T be a Wlad cherry pick to you?

He's already going to fight Povetkin next and then most likely the winner of Fury-Pulev... Who the hell do you want him to fight?

You're delusional as hell. You Make up some fantasy Opponents out theyre when in reality theyre not there. He's not even fighting wilder right now, he's fighting Povetkin. And then Pulev-Fury....THOSE are the top opponents for him to fight, not these guys you dream of. Povetkin, Fury or Pulev won't be cherry picks so what the hell are you on about?

You always so bitter with Wlad, you must just really want him to retire. You've gotta be a super-nationalistic Brit-Dayid Haye fan....... Your boy lost, get over it bro.

Ill say it again, Wlad is NOT fighting Wilder right now, he's fighting Povetkin...... The absolute TOP possible opponent for him, even ranking wise... So CALM DOWN BRO.
        Last edited by King_; 05-12-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Horrible fight. Wilder isn't ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Banks should fight him first, if Wilder wins, then he should fight Floyd.
            Fight Floyd ? There would be a hell of a weight difference, don't you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana
              wait.... john banks in the trainer of klitschko?????
              I always wondered if they spar and Banks shouts out instructions too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Too early. Let Wilder fight Fury or Price as others pointed out. Wilder needs 2-3 more good, impressive wins; then definitely Wlad should fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  this is just talk by banks saying if wilder keeps blowing out guys he will eventually fight wlad. see wilder losing before then though...he is in great shape & has potential but we don't even know if he can take a punch or go 12 rounds. many questions to be answered yet. what i don't undertsand is the klits will cherry pick guys like mormeck, sosnowski, kingpin, charr, wach but they won't fight haye. vitali should fight him & wlad should rematch him. i'd rather watch a rematch then see wlad fight washed up CWs or undefeated fighters with padded records. enough is enough! haye fights are where the real money is at.
                  Oh god not this again. Who cares what you would rather watch? It's not up to you.

Say what you want about Vitali and Haye. But why is David Haye entitled to a rematch with Wlad? Are you kidding me?

Haye talked to much chit on the build up to the Wlad fight...... Got SCHOOLED, and DIDNT even take chances (inb4 Wlad is the bigger man and didnt come forward.. He's the champ. Deal with it) and proceeded to look like a fool by blaming his "broken pinky toe" ..... AND then even Hayes trainer, Said after the fight that Wlad put on a boxing clinic and that's the best performance he's ever saw Wlad have and that Wlad "boxed out of his mind" and also said Haye was overmatched........ To top it off, Haye got a career pay day.

So why on earth is Haye entitled to another career pay day again? Absolutely remarkable that you're a grown man and you act like Wlad owes Haye a rematch......... Ridiculous.

Again, Haye-Vitali is a whole nother story. But David Haye is not entitled to a rematch with Wlad, sorry he has bigger fish to fry. And also you're acting like he's actually fighting Wilder right now......... Wlad IS fighting THE top HW contender right now, Alex Povetkin, and then he is going to possibly fight his IBF mandatory in Pulev-Fury, Two MORE top HW's........... Now tell me what the relevance in Mormeck is in all of this? Because if you think his next few opponents (Povetkin.fury-Pulev) are cherry picks, then you're just a hater, straight up....

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    If true, this is sad and a clear cherry-pick. I expected more from Wladimir.
                    What did you expect him to do?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                      Oh god not this again. Who cares what you would rather watch? It's not up to you.

Say what you want about Vitali and Haye. But why is David Haye entitled to a rematch with Wlad? Are you kidding me?

Haye talked to much chit on the build up to the Wlad fight...... Got SCHOOLED, and DIDNT even take chances (inb4 Wlad is the bigger man and didnt come forward.. He's the champ. Deal with it) and proceeded to look like a fool by blaming his "broken pinky toe" ..... AND then even Hayes trainer, Said after the fight that Wlad put on a boxing clinic and that's the best performance he's ever saw Wlad have and that Wlad "boxed out of his mind" and also said Haye was overmatched........ To top it off, Haye got a career pay day.

So why on earth is Haye entitled to another career pay day again? Absolutely remarkable that you're a grown man and you act like Wlad owes Haye a rematch......... Ridiculous.

Again, Haye-Vitali is a whole nother story. But David Haye is not entitled to a rematch with Wlad, sorry he has bigger fish to fry. And also you're acting like he's actually fighting Wilder right now......... Wlad IS fighting THE top HW contender right now, Alex Povetkin, and then he is going to possibly fight his IBF mandatory in Pulev-Fury, Two MORE top HW's........... Now tell me what the relevance in Mormeck is in all of this? Because if you think his next few opponents (Povetkin.fury-Pulev) are cherry picks, then you're just a hater, straight up....
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X