Ali or Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali or Tyson

Prime for prime, who would win?

Ali, Tyson would get frustrated at Ali and start swinging for the fences while Ali would talk **** to him.

If he bit holyfields ear off for butting him what would he do if Ali toyed and cloaked mike in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      Ali, Tyson would get frustrated at Ali and start swinging for the fences while Ali would talk **** to him.

If he bit holyfields ear off for butting him what would he do if Ali toyed and cloaked mike in the ring
      yeah but we talking Prime vs Prime and a prime Tyson wasnt that crazy like in the after Spinks, jail and suspending days...

by the way...good to see a MGS fan...this is the best game franchise EVER!!!

Comment

Honestly, Ali would have the fright of his life for five rounds or so. He never faced anyone with Tyson's early round pace, speed, accuracy and power. Ali would have to be on his bike with the same sort of foot speed that he showed against Liston in fight one........and believe me 1988 Tyson was more of a force than 1964 Liston, at least early on!

That said, Ali would survive the onslaught. The guy had one of the best chins ever possessed by a heavyweight, not to mention reflexes, defensive smarts and was very effective at clinching. If Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker could withstand the early rounds with 1987 Tyson, Ali would surely survive 1988 Tyson's onslaught.

Tyson, whilst still dangerous after rounds five and six would likely slow down a bit (he did tend to lull a touch in the mid rounds) and Ali would capitalise with stinging combinations, showboating and verbal insults. I don't see Ali stopping prime Tyson; Tyson was lively enough over 12 rounds and demonstrated a solid chin, I don't think Ali punched anything like as hard as Buster Douglas for example.

I realistically see Ali closing the show more strongly in a twelve round fight to a points verdict something along the lines of 7:4:1 or 116:113.

Lastly, I don't see prime Tyson pulling a Holyfield 2 ear biting incident or similar, even if the going got tough. Tyson took his first two losses (Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield 1) with dignity and prevailed in really tough fights with Razor Ruddock in the early 90s too. 1997 Tyson was a fair bit more mentally fragile than 1988 Tyson to my mind.
        Last edited by Sugarj; 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

It is a little unfair to Mike that whenever a fantasy fight topic comes up, the first thing to be mentioned against him as a surfire road map to defeat is his mental weakness. I was always under the impression that when you put a fighter v fighter match-up, you're taking each of them at their absolute peak. Now, Tyson still doesn't rate high in that department even then but it also isn't as exaggerated as it is using the 1997-.. version. Sometimes it's as if Tyson never won fights via decision and that if an early KO couldn't be scored, he'd simply give up. It's a fact that he didn't take Douglas serious and didn't train like a champion should. His legs were non-existent. He looked bloated. He got the holy hellacious hell beat out of him by Douglas. What it also showed was the type of chin he had and he took some shots. It seems to be unmentioned at times that even going deep into his beating, he floored Douglas literally out of nowhere and had the presence of mind to jump all over one of the few mistakes Buster made in the fight. If it was simply a matter of an intimidator failing to intimidate, I don't even think that happens. He just quits, simple as that.

I do go with The Greatest in this match-up though.

Comment

I got Tyson with Cus in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              Honestly, Ali would have the fright of his life for five rounds or so. He never faced anyone with Tyson's early round pace, speed, accuracy and power. Ali would have to be on his bike with the same sort of foot speed that he showed against Liston in fight one........and believe me 1988 Tyson was more of a force than 1964 Liston, at least early on!
              you should also remember that liston had a 12 inch bigger reach than tyson though... so tyson would have to cover alot more ground to catch up with cassius

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius Liston View Post
                you should also remember that liston had a 12 inch bigger reach than tyson though... so tyson would have to cover alot more ground to catch up with cassius

True, but Tyson was so much faster than Sonny of both hand and foot.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

True, but Tyson was so much faster than Sonny of both hand and foot.
                  Indeed ... Ali was extremely accurate hitting bobbing and weaving targets aswell..

Comment

Ali would have Tyson completely freaked out and intimidated before they even stepped in the ring. The fight would already be won.

He'd end up coasting to an easy decision win.

Comment

Working...
                    X