Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you want to box? Passion, Money, Fun??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
    I love it as well man boxing is 90 percent my life today whether it's a daily browse of the forums , training or fight night at the weekends .I couldn't imagine life without it .Granda and great uncle boxed but I never got into it when they were around .Found there boxrec's man anyway .Used to do alot of running and my treadmill broke so bought a bag and since then loved the sport , the intensity , blood sweat and tears .Joined the local gym just over 1 yr ago man . My great uncle founded my local gym I read man .Fitness is there just a bit more sparring and technique .Nearly ready .
    Great Post and good luck with your training.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
      no stupid team work like in basketball. you are alone like you were born alone...
      So true man, I used to play football (soccer) back when I was a teen and although I enjoyed it I really didnt like the whole team aspect, I really cant stand the sport of rugby because of that exact reason, most rugby teams are like a brotherhood sort of thing, thats not for me at all.

I love boxing because in the end its all down to you, if you win its because of your efforts, if you lose its because of your inadequacies, its up to you how hard you train, its up to you if you go out for that run even when you really dont feel like it and its your own fault if you do skip that run.

I think boxing builds mental toughness like no other sport purely because of the solitary aspect of it, and I think every boxer has a sort of solitary side to them.

Comment

I just always liked boxing. Got into it when I was 14, just curious to see how I'd hold up. I found a sanctuary in between the bells. Nothing in the outside world matters when your fighting and nothing is in your thoughts except the guy in front of you. I have never felt so alive than when I was in the ring throwing down. About 60 amatuer and 7 pro fights later I worked the demons out of myself. After throwing down with so many tough guys it just puts the world into a different prospective..............Rockin'

Comment

i just love this sport, and the intensity of the workouts cant be beaten. i still remember the first day i sparred and when i left the gym and was walking in the street it was the best feeling ive ever had, i felt unstoppable lol

Comment

I like to box because it is a great workout. It's somethin I can do everyday and not get tired of it. Who doesn't like to punch things anyway? It's also fun to spar with my friends. I love improving and learning by watching other fighters .

Comment

It's just what I do. The training isn't always fun and can get pretty hard, but I still do it.
              I want to take it far, but even if I don't, I just like boxing.

Comment

Passion, Fun, Money.

Boxing is basically my life man.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Great Post and good luck with your training.
                  Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
                    no stupid team work like in basketball. you are alone like you were born alone...
                    Your mom was there when you were born. A doctor, and a team of nurses were likely there as well.

Boxing is my sport now but for years it was football (real football, not soccer); there's nothing stupid about teamwork. Life is a pretty bitter place for people who can't work with other people.

For me boxing is all about having fun and competing. I have no interest in fighting for money or in the "self defense" aspect of boxing.

Comment

I think people who love team sports are afraid to be alone...they need others and that ain't a strong attribute to have.

So in a ring you are not alone because there's the crowd, your trainer and the opponent? I don't think so....you are alone and it's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X