No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno: My Hunger Will Overcome Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
    Moreno definitely reminds me of Whitaker.

he's just a natural at what he does and looks like he's having fun. i'm going with a late stoppage following Mares looking like a fool every round.
    Bold prediction, I just can't see Mares being stopped, outboxed yes, but not stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Bold prediction, I just can't see Mares being stopped, outboxed yes, but not stopped.
      I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility. Moreno fought a lot of very short fights at a very young age, and I also think that he's been deprived of a few could-have-been stoppages because of his style. The Moreno that fought De La Mora looked like he had decent pop on his shots. I see Moreno having the same sort of power as Ricky Burns; not enough to stop people regardless of whether they want to be or not, but enough to make them back down.

Having said all that, it's still very unlikely Moreno stops Mares.

Comment

Cant wait for this one!! War Mares!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
          I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility. Moreno fought a lot of very short fights at a very young age, and I also think that he's been deprived of a few could-have-been stoppages because of his style. The Moreno that fought De La Mora looked like he had decent pop on his shots. I see Moreno having the same sort of power as Ricky Burns; not enough to stop people regardless of whether they want to be or not, but enough to make them back down.

Having said all that, it's still very unlikely Moreno stops Mares.
          Moreno's not a hard puncher but he definitely has some pop in his shots.

But like you said, I don't see a stoppage.

I think Mares is going to get frustrated when he can't find the target.

Comment

This is Chavez vs Whitaker at a lower weight, I'll go Mares dude is greasy.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
              How could you call the winnner of the Batamweight tournament a Chump, LOL the Chump's the guy in your sig on his knees!
              I don't give **** about you or the chumps from Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Moreno's not a hard puncher but he definitely has some pop in his shots.

But like you said, I don't see a stoppage.

I think Mares is going to get frustrated when he can't find the target.
                Agree. Mares has been saying all week that he's not going to get frustrated, but whether or not that happens is another thing entirely. We respect Mares rightly for the opp he's faced, but he's not faced someone as diificult to hit as Moreno in his entire pro career, and probably as an amateur too. Moreno UD12.

Comment

Agree. Mares has been saying all week that he's not going to get frustrated, but whether or not that happens is another thing entirely. We respect Mares rightly for the opp he's faced, but he's not faced someone as diificult to hit as Moreno in his entire pro career, and probably as an amateur too. Moreno UD12.
                  Agreed 100%.

Still, Mares knowing what he's up against worries me I was hoping he was underestimating him.

But that's the Moreno fan in me. The fight fan in me is happy both of these guys are going to be at their best.

Agreed on Moreno being the best fighter he's faced but you could also argue Mares is the best fighter Moreno has faced.

And just can't wait and I'm rooting for Moreno all the way. He's my second favourite active fighter and I think he has so much potential to have a HOF career. But we'll see.

He needs to get some better pictures though because I've been looking for one for a while now to sport as my display picture on here but I can't find one anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Agreed 100%.

Still, Mares knowing what he's up against worries me I was hoping he was underestimating him.

But that's the Moreno fan in me. The fight fan in me is happy both of these guys are going to be at their best.

Agreed on Moreno being the best fighter he's faced but you could also argue Mares is the best fighter Moreno has faced.

And just can't wait and I'm rooting for Moreno all the way. He's my second favourite active fighter and I think he has so much potential to have a HOF career. But we'll see.

He needs to get some better pictures though because I've been looking for one for a while now to sport as my display picture on here but I can't find one anywhere
                    You're right about Mares being Moreno's toughest opponent in his career, but IMO the pressure Mares brings is more similar to Darchinyan's pressure (although they're not by any means the same) than Moreno's slickness is to that of any of Mares' opposition.

And yes to needing better pictures of Moreno, the purple trunks/crown combo is DOPE.

Who's your favourite boxer if Moreno's #2? I got Froch.
                    Last edited by gingerbreadman; 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

You're right about Mares being Moreno's toughest opponent in his career, but IMO the pressure Mares brings is more similar to Darchinyan's pressure (although they're not by any means the same) than Moreno's slickness is to that of any of Mares' opposition.

And yes to needing better pictures of Moreno, the purple trunks/crown combo is DOPE.

Who's your favourite boxer if Moreno's #2? I got Froch.
                      Yeah, great points.

Moreno has faced a good, strong pressure fighter in Darchinyan but has Mares faced someone with the skills, defense and ring IQ of Moreno? Not yet.

And my favourite active fighter is Floyd Mayweather.

Yours is Froch? Or were you guessing mine was Froch?

Comment

Working...
                      X