No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Botha: I'll Give Sonny Bill Williams a Rude Awakening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Botha: I'll Give Sonny Bill Williams a Rude Awakening

Sonny Bill Williams hopes to prove his boxing nous in Brisbane on November 24 against an opponent who is more known for being knocked out by some of the sport's greats.

Much maligned after claiming New Zealand's heavyweight title in just his fifth fight, Williams believes he can show his boxing mettle by taking on 44-year-old South African veteran Francois Botha, dubbed the "White Buffalo".

Since starting his pro career way back in 1990, Botha has claimed 48 wins from 60 fights with eight losses and three draws.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If you lose this one Botha, I will never forgive you.

Get it done

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Get it done
      I agree let"s be honest sbw is a footy player not a world class boxer nor is Botha at the moment but he used to be.Anything less than a comfortable win for Botha would be a joke in my eyes.I guess sbw"s team will be selling this as a pay per view same as his other fights what a load of bs!!

Comment

botha may be 44 but he likes to fight. he's like matt skelton(but much better)in the fact he is involved in K1 & boxing. he doesn't need the money since he has done quite well for himself. botha should win & may have lost his last few fights but by no means did he get his butt kicked. i'm posting 15 of his fights in the next few days. he will fight anyone, anywhere. he obviously isn't world class anymore but he should win. botha has done very well considering his marginal skill set. he always comes to fight & never retreats. he will always be in your face & try to get inside. jab, overhand right, right to the body. no special & he will stand in the middle of the ring & slug it out with anyone no matter how outgunned he is. he is a true warrior & one of my favorite boxers of alltime.
        Last edited by joe strong; 10-23-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Get it done

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          botha may be 44 but he likes to fight. he's like matt skelton(but much better)in the fact he is involved in K1 & boxing. he doesn't need the money since he has done quite well for himself. botha should win & may have lost his last few fights but by no means did he get his butt kicked. i'm posting 15 of his fights in the next few days. he will fight anyone, anywhere. he obviously isn't world class anymore but he should win. botha has done very well considering his marginal skill set. he always comes to fight & never retreats. he will always be in your face & try to get inside. jab, overhand right, right to the body. no special & he will stand in the middle of the ring & slug it out with anyone no matter how outgunned he is. he is a true warrior & one of my favorite boxers of alltime.
          Great post.

Comment

The only rude awakening is the shock that a promotor would actually promote a washed up, useless Botha and stage his fights. That is one desperate promoter and management.

Comment

How the crap is Botha still fighting???

Comment

I covered Sonny Bill Williams' last fight here in New Zealand for the NZPBA heavyweight title.

Despite Botha being washed up and out of shape, it's a massive step up for SBW and I'm a little concerned he's going to get hurt.

However, even if he beats a washed up Botha, everyone will see he beat up an old man. Big deal.

Comment

I can see Sonny Bill getting a big reality check here.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    The only rude awakening is the shock that a promotor would actually promote a washed up, useless Botha and stage his fights. That is one desperate promoter and management.
                    watch his fight with michael grant last november at 43. solid fight & the ref did an awesome job letting both guys fight on after some tough moments. he i a good sepping stone nowadays but still very competitive...

Comment

Working...
                    X