No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Boswell: Cedric Says Deal Has Been Finalized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Boswell: Cedric Says Deal Has Been Finalized

Heavyweight contender Cedric Boswell (35-1, 26KOs) has advised that a deal is finalized for his upcoming challenge of WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (22-0, 15 KOs), which Sauerland Event plans to stage on December 3rd in Helsinki. Povetkin has already started training for his first defense. Currently he is training in Russia with cruiserweight Denis Lebedev and his trainer Kostya Tszyu.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Uggghhhhh why????????
    Even Holyfield would be better than this.

Comment

Cedric has some skill although

This should be a good fight early, My personal thought is that Cedric will get drowned in the later rounds. Cedric has been very active over the last few years but against limted fighters. Cedric can box and has good power this will test his heart because Provetkin can punch for 12 straight rounds and Cedric is older than most top heavies today. I would like to see him win so Evander could get another shot because I know being from Atlanta now via Detroit that he would give the ageless warrior another shot plus secure his life style.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        Uggghhhhh why????????
        Even Holyfield would be better than this.

Comment

here is an article i found if you have not seen it yet...Cedric Boswell (35-1, 26 KO) has announced he will be challenging WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (22-0, 15 KO) on December 3 in Helsinki, Finland. Boswell currently holds the WBC Latino and NABA heavyweight titles.

Cedric Boswell's only loss came eight years ago via 10th round technical knockout against Jameel McCline. Boswell had suffered a torn rotator cuff in the fourth round, yet he was still winning (86-85 on two scorecards) at the time of the stoppage. Following that gutsy performance Boswell took three years off. In an exclusive interview with FightSaga, Boswell recalls that he thought his career was over. "I took a few years off, rehabbed. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to see if I could still fight." He has done nothing but win since his return in 2006.
          Recent victories over Owen Beck and Oliver McCall place Boswell squarely in the cloud of heavyweight contenders nipping at the heels of the brothers Klitschko. He is well aware of this fact. "I'll be calling out the Klitschkos on December 3rd. After I beat Povetkin I want to fight the very best, to prove I am the best heavyweight."

Boswell has slipped in ahead of Hasim Rahman, the mandatory challenger for the WBA heavyweight belt. He is unconcerned about the possibility he may have to face Rahman. "I'm not worried. I know he is the mandatory. I'll fight him in three months [after Povetkin] if I have to."

The "Boz" is grateful to have the opportunity to challenge Alexander Povetkin. His first words about the fight were, "Thank God! I didn't think this day would ever come." One can hear the joy in his voice.
          Boswell clearly has a chip on his shoulder, feeling he has been overlooked when all he has done is excel as a heavyweight. "Why don't I get ranked? Why do people make excuses after I win fights?

After Oliver McCall lost, he said he had taken the fight on short notice. I was in the same camp with him. He was there before I was. He may have signed for the fight two weeks out, but he was definitely in shape to fight."

Boswell has a point, and while many fans wonder why Povetkin has never been able to sign a deal with the Klitschkos, Boswell says this will not be a problem after he wins the WBA title. "I want them both. I'll take either one. I have sparred with them. I know I have the speed and power to beat them. I can avoid those jabs and right hands. I know how they fight and I match up great against them. They don't ever show me anything new." Boswell admits Vitali is the better match. "Vitali takes more risks. He would be a better fight for me, because Wladimir is so defensive."
          Is Boswell overlooking Povetkin? This is a common enough concern in boxing. He is clearly excited about all the many opportunities the fight with Povetkin opens up for him, but he is realistic about the task at hand. "This won't be easy. I will have a very hard time getting a decision. I may have to get a knockout. I won' be looking for it. I'll fight my fight, but I do have to think about that."*
          He may be thinking about it, but he is clearly not discouraged.
          Boswell is not discouraged by the fact that he is forty-two years old, either. "I'm in great shape. Anyway, you ever wonder why all these old heavyweights are hanging around and winning? It's because the young heavyweights aren't that smart. They don't learn how to box, they just know how to fight."

After the David Haye vs. Wladimir Klitschko debacle, Roy Jones Jr. announced that we need an exciting American heavyweight to clean out the division. Boswell promises, "On December 3rd there will be a new WBA heavyweight champion. An American champion for fans to get behind and to follow."

Are you fired up yet? Boswell is.

Comment

Hope Boswell just brutalizes Povetkin in 4 rounds or something. Can tell Povetkin's title reign is gonna be a stroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Hope Boswell just brutalizes Povetkin in 4 rounds or something. Can tell Povetkin's title reign is gonna be a stroll.
              He's not really the champ though. The WBA champ is Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

Working...
              X