Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Bute: Lucian May Request Immediate Froch Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With more discipline in the ring, a different approach/gameplan, I think Bute has a good chance, but Froch will be a heavy favorite next time as he should be.

Requesting an immediate rematch is a big risk big reward situation, cause beating Froch would automatically put Bute back in a good position to challenge the best. Requesting an immediate rematch is a statement in itself.
    Last edited by Tiozzo; 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
      I prefer Kessler-Froch 2 to be honest.

Yeah, ^^^i would too. Fireworks. Froch would just humiliate Bute in a rematch so quickly again....anywhere. He needs to work on a LOT before that rematch takes place.

Comment

To play devil's advocate, if Bute takes the immediate rematch it would show a huge set of balls and may even make Froch question the guy's sanity. Froch has been so busy running his mouth about how he thinks Bute may never fight again PERIOD, much less take the rematch, it's almost like he's trying to convince himself that there is no possibility he will have to face Bute in Montreal. The fact is that Froch is a COMPLETELY different fighter in Nottingham vs. anywhere else, especially across the Atlantic.

Froch's victory was pretty decisive, and he would rightfully be a huge favorite to beat Bute again regardless of where they fight. But I still think part of him worries that he might not be as successful in front of 20k screaming Canadians against a Bute with an improved game-plan (like staying off the f-ing ropes). Instead of boxing, Bute got drawn in against a guy he realized was very hittable, making himself an easier target. Not a good scenario against a guy with a much better chin.

Comment

The Rematch between Froch & Bute Will tell me what I need to know about Lucian...So far I am super Surprised that a guy w/ so many skills did not know wut to do against such a crude tactic. (not a knock on frochy) I said it b4 & I'll say it again...he reminded me of jorge Linares by the way he reacted defensively. Offensively his plan was poor as well. He hit froch w/ a good shot in the 1st & was stalking. But froch wasn't giving him much beside a pretty avg jab at that point & moving away...& then suddenly rushing w/ a bul**** flurry/swarm attack. But tried to catch him & counter w/ a left hook on his way in. (basically a poor man's check hook. He did it a couple times & got caught for his trouble. But I mean Bute had no slip game...no smother game...no real tie-up game...no movement w/ his feet. He just backed straight up to the ropes in teh line of fire. He can easily make the adjustment to neutralize carl he still holds all the advantages besides reach & the all important mental & emotional toughness area. If Bute were to wilt again down the stretch then we know he's a hype-job...If he adjusts & beats frochy then the stars aligned in CF's favor sat. But I am of the mind that Carl may just be a harder man than Bute....Nonetheless, that one fight wasn't enough for me to bang my gavel & draw my final conclusion on the man...I want to see the rematch & see how both men behave. Either way tho...it's a win across the board...kess/froch to froch/Bute 2to Bute/Kessler....doesn't matter to me. All three would be interestinf.

s/o to P.Willy: Get well soon sir. Prayers & positivity to you.

Comment

This is what I like to see. If Bute has an immediate rematch with Froch it shows a lot of balls and what kind of man Bute is. That's how a Champion is supposed to act.

Some of the people on here saying he shouldn't take the rematch straight away will be the first to call him a coward for not avenging his defeat.

Comment

If he's a true warrior and competitor he should. Nobody wants to go out the way he did.

Bring him to your house where you get to sleep in your own bed, enjoy your home cooking and stay in your time zone.

I don't think the result will change. But any true warrior would not accept being completely dominated the way he was.

Comment

"I would be not surprised if Lucian wants to fight him in his next fight, as he [did the same thing] after his first fight against Librado Andrade. In his head, he will understand the mistakes he made and he will want to meet Froch in the short term," Bedard said.
                Nothing against Bute, but this is just BS. Despite all the controversy, Andrade had to go and fight an official IBF eliminator to get another shot, which took place 13 months after their first fight.

Comment

There's an IBF ruling by where if you're KO'D or stopped in an IBF title fight you can't have an immidiate re-match.

Probably way's around it though.

Comment

Props to Bute if he does but if he loses the rematch I don't see how he can come back from it.

Comment

Why wouldn't it surprise me if Bute totally schooled him?

Comment

Working...
                      X