Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you tighten your abs during sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you tighten your abs during sparring?

do you do it when u see ur opponent about to throw a body shot or when ur close to ur opponent or all the time?

i only do it after i get hit there, it always reminds me to tighten them cuz that **** ****ing hurts

Comment

if i can see it coming i do it, i want to be very relaxed during sparring so if i keep em tightened the whole time i wont be

Comment

if I saw my opponent throwing a body shot I'd assume I'd either dodge it or prepare for it 100% of the time

Comment

Not a single time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrananaRepublic View Post
            Not a single time.
            oh rly? is that why your abdomen looks like **** ?

Comment

Most of the time when I tighten my abs its a subconsious move I dont think Ive ever actively thought "I better tighten my abs here".

But it mainly happens when the other guy telegraphs an obvious body shot. It also happens when Im taking a prolonged body attack, usually during the middle of it.

Every so often I'll get caught with a body shot that Im completely unprepared for and I ****ing hate it....it usually results in me slowing down the pace as best I can until I have recovered somewhat.

Comment

Working...
              X