No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Macklin Training Hard For Sergio Martinez Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Macklin Training Hard For Sergio Martinez Test

Irish boxer Matthew Macklin was training hard at New York's Trinity Boxing Club, with trainer Buddy McGirt watching on. Macklin is scheduled to face middleweight king Sergio Martinez, from Argentina, in a middleweight bout, on Saturday, March 17, at Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good luck Matt.

Comment

good luck matt...i think lee will get the winner..or loser of the fight....maybe the winner gets chavez jr???

Comment

macklin is in trouble

Comment

Good luck Matt. I hope he pulls out the upset. I like this dude, he doesn't look like a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingirishman View Post
            good luck matt...i think lee will get the winner..or loser of the fight....maybe the winner gets chavez jr???
            Good to see Macklin getting another big fight after his effort against Sturm, more chance of the loser getting Chavez jr than the winner though.

Comment

gonna be a great fight

Comment

He ain't bad looking.

Comment

Anyone know the cheapest tickets? I might want to go. I don't see Macklin beating Martinez in the end but it will probably be a good watch.

Comment

He is trained by Buddy McGirt, we all know what that means....doomed. In the last 5-6 years, having McGirt in your corner means a guaranteed loss. I appreciate that this irishman is a warrior but he is going to lose and take sustained beating while doing so. I am no fan of Sergio to be honest, but the guy was able to take the best shots from Cintron, Williams and Pavlik and never was hurt. Good luck on St. Pattys day for Macklin but no way I see him winning this. Unless a miracle happens, this guys either getting stopped in mid/late rounds and losing a UD. Sergio reminds of RJJ back in the day a little bit, what I mean is, from a reflex perspective. Until Sergio's reflexes slow down, I do not see many people, if anyone, beating him at 154-160. Also, the equalizer is Sergio has 1 punch KO power it seems, so that is always dangerous. If Macklin can somehow pull it off though, good for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X