No announcement yet.

Mosley's lightweight legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley's lightweight legacy

Where does Sugar Shane rank historically as a lightweight? Top 10? Surely he's a consensus top 20; and how does he fair if he stayed at lightweight? To me, he could very well still be lightweight king. The counterpunchers are the only ones that stylistically could trouble Mosley but I think Marquez is too slow at lightweight to hang with Shane. Same thing for Casamayor, I don't think he's special at LW. I don't see the rest of the lightweight crop troubling him much.

edit for clarity: To my knowledge, the other lightweights are mostly come forward guys who don't have the size to bull Mosley around. Great match ups for him I'd say.
    Last edited by geribeetus; 12-24-2009, 10:50 AM.

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
    Where does Sugar Shane rank historically as a lightweight? Top 10? Surely he's a consensus top 20; and how does he fair if he stayed at lightweight? To me, he could very well still be lightweight king. The counterpunchers are the only ones that stylistically could trouble Mosley but I think Marquez is too slow at lightweight to hang with Shane. Same thing for Casamayor, I don't think he's special at LW. I don't see the rest of the lightweight crop troubling him much.

edit for clarity: To my knowledge, the other lightweights are mostly come forward guys who don't have the size to bull Mosley around. Great match ups for him I'd say.
    Lightweight is very deep historically, but I think Shane makes the top 20. No way he was staying at lightweight much longer than he did tough. He was already having problems making weight.

Comment

Mosley doesn't have the resume to be that high all time, but damn if he didn't smoke everyone at lightweight. Probably ended up hurting his career, he was so strong and fell in love with his power and now he doesn't use the boxing skills his natural physical ability allow him to use.

Comment

Working...
      X