No announcement yet.

Is this even possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this even possible?

I've recently had my back hurting, lower back. I wasn't sure if it was my spine, bones, or muscles. Then I looked in the mirror yesterday at my back and I realized that its like 4 times more out than my lower back, becauase I work on it like 10:1 ratio, which I just realized. Is it possible that the pressure from my upper back is causing my lower back to hurt because of the weight difference? I mean my upper back is huge in proportion to the rest of my body, I have defined muscles there and I life weights that some 200 pounders in my gym life, and I'm only 150.

it could be that your having pains because of the lack of attention paid to your lowerback. your spinal erectors are very important muscle groups and are your body's center of power for the initial explosive movement in lundging and sprinting. i would incorporate some weighted hyper extensions, deadlifts or even use a lower back extension at the gym, i think that will aliviate the pains your having.

Comment

yeah it is ...same thing if a woman has big boobs a lot of the time she has back pain because of the extra weight

Comment

Originally posted by maxorido
        it could be that your having pains because of the lack of attention paid to your lowerback. your spinal erectors are very important muscle groups and are your body's center of power for the initial explosive movement in lundging and sprinting. i would incorporate some weighted hyper extensions, deadlifts or even use a lower back extension at the gym, i think that will aliviate the pains your having.
        and what he just said ! damn good post

Comment

Thanks alot guys, really appreciate the help.

Good Karma for both of you.

Also here are some points so you can put some color in your name and change your title.

10000000.00 points donated to maxorido successfully!

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus

i would sleep on a hard floor for a few days when i had problems with mine. that seems to help but most of all just remember to work all of your back and abs

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus

Also here are some points so you can put some color in your name and change your title.

10000000.00 points donated to maxorido successfully!
              thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by maxorido
                See a chiropactor to get it back straighten out and some deep tissue massage for about 2-3 weeks. Start a weight lifting program for the lower back like max suggested but start light with high reps and light load to prevent injuries.

Include a stretching program for the lower back before the lifting weights that includes hindu pushups, back bridges, and hip thrust. I would cut down on the weights and add more abdominal workouts focusing on slow reps. Try to control the speed and focus on even control up and down during the excercise. Don't try to go fast or exploded. Going slow helps build stability to the core and the back muscles.

Comment

No. If your lower back hurts, maybe you have a congenital defect or aren't lifting properly in a balanced way or simply doing something wrong.

Comment

try this

this is a very effective training regimen that was recommended by a pro at my boxing gym, it is an extremely usefull 6 week regimen that i will use once a year(i have only used it once) it is by far the most complete back workout i have come across. Hope it helps.

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/256/

Comment

Working...
                    X