Gaining size while training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining size while training?

How can i do it?

I've pretty much weight lifted for the last 7months with not much cardio. How could i still put on size but also go hard on cardio?

I want to sort my cardio out and then join a boxing club.

Hi protein intake will help. Try going with the whey shakes if you have not done so already. Also instead of doing a lot of high mileage roadwork do short interval sprints. This will help you cut the fat and keep the muscle. If you run long distance a lot your body will tap into your muscle as energy for the run. For example, look at a picture of a person who does cross country running and look at a picture of a sprinter.

lifting hard-inervals-protein

Comment

Pull ups, push ups, squats (with medicine ball), dips

i've done this and put on noticable mass

taek a good whey protein after workout and try and eat high protein content in all your meals, about 6 a day if you can

take zma before sleep

Comment

I put on 11lbs, i wasnt to happy about it but it was that whole becoming a man thing...

Comment

Just a diet rich in protein and some weight exercise.

Comment

Only did it in HS when I also played football since I wrestled in College. But eating correctly is a big thing. Get a nutritionist or trainer from your school to help you setup a general plan. You will also need to eat regularly about every 4-5 hours.

This is where meal supplements like shakes become worth it because you will probably only eat 3 real meals and the rest will probably be shakes.

Finally you probably need to do more than pull ups etc. Higher weight and lower reps usually helps build more mass.

The big general thing is that you have to have a larger daily calorie intake than your burning throughout the day and in your workouts. Some guys have super high metabolism and have to have a ridiculously high calorie intake to keep on weight. Some guys not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2008 View Post
              Pull ups, push ups, squats (with medicine ball), dips

i've done this and put on noticable mass

taek a good whey protein after workout and try and eat high protein content in all your meals, about 6 a day if you can

take zma before sleep
              could you put on anymore weight?

Comment

Working...
              X