Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly's Trainer: 100% Confident Kovalev Will Get KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly's Trainer: 100% Confident Kovalev Will Get KO'd

Nathan Cleverly isn’t considered the puncher nor the favorite in his Aug. 17 light heavyweight championship showdown with Sergey Kovalev.

Try telling that to Vince Cleverly, the unbeaten WBO light heavyweight champion’s father and trainer. Vince Cleverly repeatedly predicted on a conference call Wednesday that his son will knock out Kovalev, a ruthless Russian contender who has earned a reputation as one of boxing’s most dangerous punchers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If cleverly can drag him into the later rounds and deep water i could see a ko too.

But he's gonna have to be super sharp early on or game over.

should be a good fight

Comment

Team cleverly must be poisoning kovalev. They are too confident and something is up

Comment

It's not a good idea to get into a war with Kovalev

Comment

What's he smoking? I want some.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Cvnt View Post
            Team cleverly must be poisoning kovalev. They are too confident and something is up
            I think the point is that while Kovalev looks like a killer, he hasn't really faced anybody who will take him into deep waters yet. How will he perform if Cleverly is still standing in front of him after 8 rounds?

To be honest, I don't believe Kovalev is as special as the boxing world makes out. If Cleverly wins he'll be propelled to number one in the division by beating a fighter who hasn't fully proven himself. Team Clev have a lot to gain from this fight. And if he loses, well he lost to a highly rated Russian beast. Excellent matchmaking.

Comment

Am I the only one that's truly intrigued by the reasoning behind why Cleverly wanted Kovalev so badly? He damn near begged for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Am I the only one that's truly intrigued by the reasoning behind why Cleverly wanted Kovalev so badly? He damn near begged for him.
                Kid has balls. I used to **** on him too but he's damn near begged for fights with Hopkins, Froch, Shumenov etc in the past few years. He wants to prove himself and deserves credit, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Yea it's odd with a career of being protected. My hats off to him tho, I didn't expect him to take the fight let alone beg for it

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Yea it's odd with a career of being protected. My hats off to him tho, I didn't expect him to take the fight let alone beg for it
                    Protected fighters don't make offers to big names for over a year. Sorry you were unaware of this.

Comment

Working...
                    X