• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drills

I need some new ideas for drills i can do in my MA class
    anyones ideas will be greatly appreciated

check my Training journal for my burst drill

Comment

Are you after actual technique drills or more a conditioning/fitness type drills??

Comment

Anything new is good

Comment

Frank Shamrock's tapes have some pretty good drills on them to improve techniques and general fitness. He has a lot of standard moves which he has altered into practical moves for a fight and it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

first you should concentrate on technique b/c if you allow your group to learn bad habits if they ever need to defend themselves they will be worse than useless.

here are some drills...
            jump-rope
            shadow-boxing
            with hand pads have partners switch as holder and puncher and do the following combinations...
            1.double jab
            2.jab, cross
            3.jab, hook with same as jab hand, cross
            4.jab, cross hook
            5.jab, cross, hook upper-cut
            and any other combinations you can think of

for learning to slip punches pair up as partners and switch roles after so much time...
            have one person throw a strait punch slowly at their head and the other person will slip the punch
            also throw hooks and the person can practice slipping in a u-shape
            speed up punches as one progresses and becomes more comfortable

pair up into partners with hand pads and do flash drills...
            this means the person with the pads creates whatver comes to their heads as combinations and the punches has to punch instantly

for foot work practice moving in all directions while keeping one's feet in the proper place. after becoming comfortable add a jab then add more punches.

there are many more drills you just need to use a little imagination and some research and you will find what you need

Comment

Working...
            X