Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Twenty-Five! Bottom half, could do well in any era! Ray.

Comment

I think he belongs somewhere in the top 10.

Comment

This is really asking 2 questions. How highly do I rate Lewis on achievement and in a h2h scenario. Achievement, he's probably a top 3 guy. 3 time champ, beat every man he ever faced (via rematch) - beat his eras legends in Holyfield and Mike Tyson.

H2H I have hit a bit lower down. Primes here, I think a few guys would beat Lewis including Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Louis, Liston and maybe a few others.

Achievements: top 3, deffo 5.

H2H: HW top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Top Twenty-Five! Bottom half, could do well in any era! Ray.
          i think you're a great poster but THIS is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
            I have him at #1.
            OK, now justify that ranking.

Comment

I have him #13, just making my ATG list.

Poet

Comment

Being in a top twenty five considering all the heavyweights that have fought should be a huge accomplishment and I think it is! It means he can mix it up with the top twenty five!
                I think Louis, Dempsey, Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Johnson are the elite heavies but the top twenty five are their competitors and that means anything can happen when your dealing with heavyweights! No one can tell me that Joe Louis is going to beat Ali 10 out of 10 times, its not happening! So the rest of the big boys can loose, big deal!!! I'm the only one on this forum that understands a lose is just a set back and is meaningless if its to a quality fighter, especially in the heavyweight division! Te greatest fighter that ever lived lost some fights, big deal!! I think Lewis is a competitor in any era thats a big compliment from me!
                I saw him box Tyson when they were kids so I know what he's all about!!
                Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Being in a top twenty five considering all the heavyweights that have fought should be a huge accomplishment and I think it is! It means he can mix it up with the top twenty five!
                  I think Louis, Dempsey, Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Johnson are the elite heavies but the top twenty five are their competitors and that means anything can happen when your dealing with heavyweights! No one can tell me that Joe Louis is going to beat Ali 10 out of 10 times, its not happening! So the rest of the big boys can loose, big deal!!! I'm the only one on this forum that understands a lose is just a set back and is meaningless if its to a quality fighter, especially in the heavyweight division! Te greatest fighter that ever lived lost some fights, big deal!! I think Lewis is a competitor in any era thats a big compliment from me!
                  I saw him box Tyson when they were kids so I know what he's all about!!
                  Ray Corso
                  Utter garbage. Lewis is top 10.
                  Last edited by Skyhook; 11-29-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: Post was edited by mod.

Comment

I think I have him at 5 or 6 all time. His resume isn't great, but it is very good and he showed he could defeat any man he had to face during his time. Excellent power and skills for a big man. Funny thing is I detested Lewis while he was active because of his arrogance and seemingly pompous attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                      H2H I have hit a bit lower down. Primes here, I think a few guys would beat Lewis including Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Louis, Liston and maybe a few others.
                      Liston? You can't be serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X