No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Eager To Face Sierra on San Jose Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves Eager To Face Sierra on San Jose Bill

George Groves will return to the ring in the United States at the end of the month. The British and Commonwealth super-middleweight champion takes on Mexican Francisco Sierra in San Jose on the 28th of July on the undercard of the WBC welterweight title fight between Robert Guerrero and Selcuk Aydin.

[Click Here To Read More]

This should be a cracking fight. I just hope George manages to get into the ring....

Comment

Good fight. I see Sierra as a live underdog with wins over Lopez, Don George & gave Oosthuizen a tough night he is certainly no mug.

Comment

this is a good competetive match up, probably better than kenny anderson tbf tbf

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Good fight. I see Sierra as a live underdog with wins over Lopez, Don George & gave Oosthuizen a tough night he is certainly no mug.
          How did the Don George fight actually end? Did anyone see it? Sierra won a Technical Decision in the 7th round. He also got deducted TWO points at once (according to Boxrec). What happened to cause that?

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            How did the Don George fight actually end? Did anyone see it? Sierra won a Technical Decision in the 7th round. He also got deducted TWO points at once (according to Boxrec). What happened to cause that?

Sierra battered him throughout, very one sided, a punch landed right on the bell for the end of the round. They gave a battered & bloodied George time to recover & docked Sierra two points for the shot on the bell & it then went to the scorecards as he was unable to continue.

Probably should of been a TKO win for Sierra

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Sierra battered him throughout, very one sided, a punch landed right on the bell for the end of the round. They gave a battered & bloodied George time to recover & docked Sierra two points for the shot on the bell & it then went to the scorecards as he was unable to continue.

Probably should of been a TKO win for Sierra
              Cheers Danny.

Comment

Is this fight gonna be televised along with the main event?..if not, I hope they have this on the other Showtime channel that shows the undercard fights..it would be pretty awesome to see Groves on American tv!

Comment

Great fight if it happens, Sierra will definitely cause Groves some problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X