Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the best knowledgeable unbiased poster on Boxing Scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Wouldn't say it's a "major criteria" of mine, per se.

Certainly part of it. I take all things into account.

Having HOF'ers and ATG's on your resume is a plus (If they are legitimate, of course) and I am more likely to rank someone who has them over someone who doesn't.

On the flipside of that, if someone has one win over a HOF'er in their prime E.g Trinidad over Oscar. I'm not going to rank him over Mayweather who obviously has a lot more depth and longevity.
    I hope that's cleared it up a little for you.

And I have never, ever given Mayweather credit for fights that didn't happen which were no fault of his own.
    Well, imo it should be a major criteria.

Amd the trinidad thing is whatever, we all know the deal with that "win". If i crossed lines and misunderstood anything it certainly wouldnt be the first time, but there's other things that make me think you're a bit biased on the mayweather side. For example, you shun doug fisher when he is clearly a well read boxing historian and knows his shi t. Ive read doug since the mid late 90s and ive seen a lot of educated opinions of his that are similar to yours, but you never gave any other argument of why you wont acknowledge him besides his opinions of floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Bojangles deserves a mention too.

He's as unbiased as they come.
      Yes, he does.

Another one that doesn't get love is The Gambler.

The whole thing with NSB is just scrolling through all the bullshit, and finding people that will have something to say that isn't trashing somebody. Not even if you agree with their prediction in a fight, or whom could beat whom in a fantasy match-up.

Comments for: Insert boxer name here.

"Dude is garbage. What a fuggin bum."

I've been here long enough to just see a posters name, and scroll post it. Not even worth the effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

Amd the trinidad thing is whatever, we all know the deal with that "win". If i crossed lines and misunderstood anything it certainly wouldnt be the first time, but there's other things that make me think you're a bit biased on the mayweather side. For example, you shun doug fisher when he is clearly a well read boxing historian and knows his shi t. Ive read doug since the mid late 90s and ive seen a lot of educated opinions of his that are similar to yours, but you never gave any other argument of why you wont acknowledge him besides his opinions of floyd.
        Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Yes, he does.

The whole thing with NSB is just scrolling through all the bullshit, and finding people that will have something to say that isn't trashing somebody. Not even if you agree with their prediction in a fight, or whom could beat whom in a fantasy match-up.

I've been here long enough to just see a posters name, and scroll post it. Not even worth the effort.
        Why aint you two hookers lookin at Danny Jacobs scuff Fitzpatrick up??????

Comment

• I have yet to see anyone mention TBear. You gotta mention TBear in discussions like this. He is extremely knowledgable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            Ill catch up to your level of revelry soon enough. Everytime I see you arguing with somebody its over Floyd. I dont see you give that level of forensic investigation to anybody else. Their's Martinez, Donaire, Gamboa, JCC Jr, Dawson, Ward, Klitchkos etc. I just dont ever see that on anybody else. I could be completely wrong bro I dont talk to you enough to actually know so, on that I apologize. I actually think the era of May/Pac being relevant is over. A May Canelo fight could interest me in his legacy again but idk. I actually think Matthysse beats both May and Pac currently at 147. Anyways Dans pretty on much always on point.

I couldnt agree more on floyd and pac. They're non issues as far as im concerned unless floyd tries to win the lineal title at 160. Manny, pfft, bob clearly isnt going to do anything i would respect there.

My point is that you jumped on me and claimed the following:

1) i was trying to say in this thread that floyd avoided zoo and manny
            2) i'm like merchant and hate flamboyant new fighters

Both are untrue and nowhere can you find evidence that i did say those things. If you look throuh every post of mine for the last 3.5 years you may find like one wasted rant sandwiched in between hundreds of contradictory posts.

Ive been back and forth with you plenty of times and as far as i feel, i respect you are a floyd fan but not a nuthugger type. I never ever said some dumb shi t about you like, "you're a ballsucker and you only like "x" type of fighter or have a crack problem or whatever (i only have an alcohol prob), so i get a little ruffled. You arent one of the people i would expect to call me a larry merchant type. At all.

But fuk it, i dont care, just thought more of you.

I squabbed all week of the broner fight with clowms talking shi t about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

You weren't talking about your opinion though, you were talking about mine in regards to how I rank Mayweather and why that makes me biased.

Like I said, I take everything into account when ranking fighters.

And Trinidad was just an example, nothing more.

Me shunning Doug Fischer has nothing to do with his views on Mayweather. I was shunning Doug Fischer before Mayweather was a professional.

I don't know why me not liking or not considering him a legitmate historian somehow translates to me being biased toward Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                I have yet to see anyone mention TBear. You gotta mention TBear in discussions like this. He is extremely knowledgable.
                No question.

TBear is up there with the best.

Comment

• yeah, my haters are correct, I don't know the first thing about this sport called boxing. When I initially came to this site I thought that it was a boxing site, as in a place to buy boxes for the stuff that I needed to mail. 8 years later I'm still here and have yet to find any boxes. You say that 2 men get into a square circle with red padded gloves on and beat the **** out of each other? incredible really, I'll have to look into this and watch some boxing matches to be sure that I have the same abundance of knowledge pertaining to this sport inside and outside of the ring as all of you other gurus ...lol

Chief knows his **** as does TBear. I don't go into NSB hardly at all, I'm sure that there are more though.......Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    I have yet to see anyone mention TBear. You gotta mention TBear in discussions like this. He is extremely knowledgable.
                    Chief, i mentioned tbear. Damn! He didnt even see it. Next time i gotta call out all 10 of his kids too

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Yes, he does.

Gambler is an atg to me. Ive argued with him at least 20x on here ans ive tried my hardest to prove bias on his as$ but i have never been able to do so successfully. I remember pushing my baby through the hood for an hr and arguing with him online while trying to get to sleep on the difference bet a straight and overhand right, lol!!! Personally, i respect him a ton.

Good call pea.

Comment

Working...
                      X