Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen anyone say his resume is legendary. We praise that he fought these guys all in a row, and that he'll fight anyone. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Like who?

All I've seen is people comparing his resume to guys like Miguel Cotto and Joe Calzaghe.

Hardly greats of the sport.
      Yea and his resume is much much better then Calzaghe's, Cotto not sure about that though

Comment

He has fought the best in his division consistently, without a break. Many people expected him to have an easy fight like nearly all fighters would, after the loss from Ward. But no, he faced the #2 168lber (yes nearly everyone thought he was rank 2) straight after. Like the above posts says, we can pick anyones resume apart and be childish about it. I'm pretty sure Froch would have gone to Canada to face Bute if he was able to, because hes simply a warrior.

You can pretty much say he'll fight anyone in his division anywhere despite money, what other fighter can you say that about?

Comment

Carl Froch for the last 5 years in a row has fought Top Ranked opponents, back to back, winning all but 2 of them. Many of them away from home.

3 of those wins, he was a clear underdog.

How many people in the history of the sport can you say that about? Not many.

Again, that doesn't make him an ATG.

But it means his resume is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            You can pick holes in anyone's resume that's child's play.

Name me a fighter who has gone on such a run of to opponents without tune ups or a sizeable lay-off in between?

Froch deserves all the respect he gets and more, if there was more fighters in this sport with Carl Froch's mentality the glory days would be back.
            Right here.

Nice try though. I've seen the same done to Ali's resume.

It's a HOF resume IMO.

Comment

Thanks RichCCFC, i needed a laugh.

Care to list any current fighters with a more impressive run in their last 8 fights?

I wouldn't mind breaking them down.

Comment

I would agree with the ts but as another guy said it's easy to find holes if you go looking for them.What annoys me though is Devon Alexander Witter,Urango,Kotelnik,Bradley,Matthysse and Maidana and he is still being called a ***** on here by many while Carl is and deservedly so lauded.Alexander deserves just as much credit

Comment

I'm not saying it's a bad resume or anything like that - that's stupid

but it isn't some amazing atg resume like some believe. I'm a fan of Froch btw.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

Who has said it's an ATG resume?

Show me some quotes because I've yet to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

Do the same analysis of Calzaghe's resume.........................

Comment

Working...
                      X