No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Breaks Down The Povetkin vs Chagaev Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Breaks Down The Povetkin vs Chagaev Bout

Atlas received a silver glove from Yanovskiy and Lebedev in honor of his achievements in and outside the ring and for his impact in development of Alexander Povetkin, Russian supreme heavyweight power. Teddy Atlas, aside of signing autographs and being pictured by local admirers of the sport, also addressed the audience his emotional speech about the way a young boxer should follow in and outside the ring, showed some feints and moves for starting boxers and demonstrated some new boxing equipment, which is useful for the gym work.

[Click Here To Read More]

Povetkin is in trouble this time cause Teddy Atlas is a failed trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Atlas received a silver glove from Yanovskiy and Lebedev in honor of his achievements in and outside the ring and for his impact in development of Alexander Povetkin, Russian supreme heavyweight power. Teddy Atlas, aside of signing autographs and being pictured by local admirers of the sport, also addressed the audience his emotional speech about the way a young boxer should follow in and outside the ring, showed some feints and moves for starting boxers and demonstrated some new boxing equipment, which is useful for the gym work.

[Click Here To Read More]
      What I particularly liked was that silver boxing glove award because of his contribution to the "development" of Povetkin, who is described as "Russian Supreme Power".

I don't see it that way at all, in fact rather the reverse. However, even more than 2 years late, if he beats Chagaev in the right way, then I can say that he deserves the award.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
        Povetkin is in trouble this time cause Teddy Atlas is a failed trainer.
        failed trainer eh? thats why he molded a light heavyweight south paw into a 2 time world heavyweight champion.when moorer got lazy & complacent as champion he fired atlas after the botha win & he never won another significant fight at heavyweight other then the jirov upset.he never ruined moorer.he MADE michael moorer! povetkin is in the best shape of his career(a must when being trained by atlas)& now in the biggest fight of his career.lets see if they can get it done.if sasha wins ALL YOU ATLAS HATERS CAN SHUT THE F**K up!.that will be 2 world heavyweight champions teddy has molded!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          failed trainer eh? thats why he molded a light heavyweight south paw into a 2 time world heavyweight champion.when moorer got lazy & complacent as champion he fired atlas after the botha win & he never won another significant fight at heavyweight other then the jirov upset.he never ruined moorer.he MADE michael moorer! povetkin is in the best shape of his career(a must when being trained by atlas)& now in the biggest fight of his career.lets see if they can get it done.if sasha wins ALL YOU ATLAS HATERS CAN SHUT THE F**K up!.that will be 2 world heavyweight champions teddy has molded!!!!
          What happens to Teddy's fighters?

Teddy Atlas was in Junior Jones corner when he lost his only world title fight, and was in Sergey Kobozev's corner for his loss in his only (interim) world title fight:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:5289
          Last edited by The Hammer; 08-22-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

teddy atlas can break down any fight the way he wants, but this guy is usually wrong when predicting the winner...atlas is all talk with no clue at most, a total --> :wank:

this so called "expert" is nothing but a unprofessional jerk!!! even my non expert opinion/predictions are way better than this over rated scumbag!!!
            Last edited by indystress; 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Atlas should return that silver glove. He needs to deliver first.

Comment

"He understands what he is; he understands what his identity is. " Teddy Atlas Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1VoYKfQNN

Too bad Teddy Atlas doesn't know what HIS identity is after flip flopping between his commentating job on FNF and training his fighter Povetkin for a world title fight!!!

On FNF, Teddy actually announced that he wouldn't train Povetkin coz of his broadcasting duties on ESPN. Then after heavy criticism (i assume), he hopped on a plane to Russia to train Povetkin.

Ended up making the right decision, BUT NO ONE LIKES A FLIP-FLOPPER!!

Comment

Originally posted by delpilar View Post
                  Atlas should return that silver glove. He needs to deliver first.
                  The most sensible remark on the subject, not that any of the others were wrong. But you put it in a "nutshell" However, I've noticed these days almost anybody and everybody gets elaborate "awards", they really seem to mean nothing. Even the losers get a trophy.

When I was boxing, I won a league, where I weighed in 1 lb over bantam on September 1st. and by March I was 122-3 lbs, fighting guys who were 6-8 inches taller and weighed 140 or more. All I got for it-14 fights- was a little piece -about 3 inches diameter- of black painted wood, with a small copper plate with the League and date etched on it as the winner. Not even my name. Probably cost about 25 cents.

At the same time, I was boxing in club tournaments and other shows and getting silver/enameled medals, the size of the old silver dollars, some of them with gold centres etc. Even a few cups. And a nice pair of matching pewter beer tankards (for 2 different fights by chance) So if I ever need to go to the pawnshop..... or the pub.....

I think that whoever backed against Teddy Atlas's choice in a fight would win. It regularly happened. I think that he DID once pick the winner, but I never heard if he ever picked more than one. As for his training technique, I think he would try to over "sychollergise" his guys, at the expense of their training, and when they lost, he'd dump them. I think he's ruined a good few otherwise potentially good fighters that way.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Teddy Atlas was the trainer of Michael Moorer when he was knocked out by Foreman. So what the s**t you're talking about. He's a fraud trainer and spread lies as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                    X