• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey jinx check this out

you knwo ive been droppign weight and im on my goal to hit 160

well im stickign with a low carb diet moslty meats and salads

and lots of cardio
    but i felt i needed to add some type of carbs to my system so i bought this cereal

its called Kashi Good Friends

here are the nutrition facts

serving size 1 cup

cal-170
    total fat-2g
    trans fat-0g
    sodium-130mg
    potassium-260mg
    total carbs-43g
    dietary fiber-12g
    soluble-1g
    insoluble-11g
    sugars-9g
    protien-5g

here are the ingredients

Ingredients:
    Wheat Bran, Granola (Rolled Oats, Mixed Fruit Juice Concentrate (Pineapple, Peach and Pear), Honey, Rolled Barley, Evaporated Cane Juice, Crisp Rice (rice flour, Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Salt), Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Soybean Protein Concentrate), Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Yellow Corn Meal, Corn Flour, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Stone Ground: Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Corn Bran, Oat Fiber, Wheat Bran, Soy Protein Concentrate, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Salt, Natural Flavor, Annatto

i wanted to know if eating this will effect my fat burning process in a good way or bad

i dont think its bad since its whole grain and has 12gs of fiber
    i run everyday and weight train 3 times a week

is this a good meal to eat early in the mourning

Originally posted by boxer2k5
    you knwo ive been droppign weight and im on my goal to hit 160

well im stickign with a low carb diet moslty meats and salads

and lots of cardio
    but i felt i needed to add some type of carbs to my system so i bought this cereal

its called Kashi Good Friends

here are the nutrition facts

serving size 1 cup

cal-170
    total fat-2g
    trans fat-0g
    sodium-130mg
    potassium-260mg
    total carbs-43g
    dietary fiber-12g
    soluble-1g
    insoluble-11g
    sugars-9g
    protien-5g

here are the ingredients

Ingredients:
    Wheat Bran, Granola (Rolled Oats, Mixed Fruit Juice Concentrate (Pineapple, Peach and Pear), Honey, Rolled Barley, Evaporated Cane Juice, Crisp Rice (rice flour, Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Salt), Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Soybean Protein Concentrate), Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Yellow Corn Meal, Corn Flour, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Flour (Stone Ground: Whole Oats, Long Grain Brown Rice, Rye, Hard Red Winter Wheat, Triticale, Buckwheat, Barley, Sesame Seeds), Corn Bran, Oat Fiber, Wheat Bran, Soy Protein Concentrate, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Salt, Natural Flavor, Annatto

i wanted to know if eating this will effect my fat burning process in a good way or bad

i dont think its bad since its whole grain and has 12gs of fiber
    i run everyday and weight train 3 times a week

is this a good meal to eat early in the mourning

Depending on how much you are going to eat, It is a bit high in calories and the carb count shouldnt have an effect as long as you are burning them.....Their is better breakfast alternatives out their, but their isnt a problem with eating it as long as it is in moderation....It COULD alter your fat burning process.....

When you want to burn fat, I prefer to train before eating...Training without eating burns 3 times as much fat.

Comment

i eat the 1 cup serving i measure it and everything

so should i run for liek 30 minutes then eat a bowl or run for 30 minutes and eat a low carb low fat meal liek eggs

Comment

i eat the 1 cup serving i measure it and everything

so should i run for liek 30 minutes then eat a bowl or run for 30 minutes and eat a low carb low fat meal liek eggs

First off are you getting enough protein into your diet????

Also, Either one would be fine for an after workout meal as long as you go by the exact servings I see no problem except that 1 cup might not get you full and the fact you will be mixing milk with it isnt to good due to the fact of the high count of saturated fat and sugars in the milk......

Comment

i drink 1% milk

i hate skim and i hate whole milk

its either 1 or 2% and 1 has less fo everything than 2%

but this is the first time im drinking milk in like 6 months

i get protien fom either meal replacement shakes, tuna,orhter meats, protien shakes, salmon

jsut finished running for 30 minutes before i get ready for work
          and im drinking about 3 cups of protien shake now

im gettign to 160 maybe you can meet me spinxs and we can have a boxingscene showdown

Comment

i drink 1% milk

i hate skim and i hate whole milk

its either 1 or 2% and 1 has less fo everything than 2%

but this is the first time im drinking milk in like 6 months

i get protien fom either meal replacement shakes, tuna,orhter meats, protien shakes, salmon

jsut finished running for 30 minutes before i get ready for work
            and im drinking about 3 cups of protien shake now

im gettign to 160 maybe you can meet me spinxs and we can have a boxingscene showdown

Best advice is give it a try, I dont recommend any milk for fat burning but each body is different and I reject it and usually put weight on so give it a try and see how it works for you....

Although after a workout a good protein shake would be in the best interest due to your body needing it immediately and using a protein shake mixed with water will get it their in time....

Im at 120 now.

I have been contemplating of moving up to 130 to see how my frame holds it and see how my speed/endurance/power is overall, at 140 I was more fluid but carried way to much weight in my personal opinion, plus 10 pounds isnt to much to gain or drop....

Although, Id be willing to bang with anybody on any given time

Comment

where are you from

i see you was 5'7 at 200

im 6' at 215 now

nut im nto fat
              i have some around the waist im geting rid of and jsut getting rid of the little extras aroudn my body
              to cut up

but i reallyw ant to go all the way down to 160

6' 160 is perfect IMO

i would lvoe to spar with you if wewas ever in the same area

Comment

Working...
              X