No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter Says Amir Khan Needs To Show His Full Potential

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hunter Says Amir Khan Needs To Show His Full Potential

Amir Khan's trainer has warned the former light-welterweight world champion he needs to knuckle down in order to maximize his potential.

Khan is set to challenge IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander in December as he bids to become a two-weight world champion and victory could give the Bolton fighter a lucrative bout against Floyd Mayweather next year.

The 26-year-old was ringside in Las Vegas at the weekend to see Mayweather stretch his record to 45-0 with a majority decision win over Saul Alvarez for the WBC and WBA light-middleweight titles.

Khan has on several occasions called Mayweather out, believing his speed would give the American problems, and was touted as a possible opponent when the pound-for-pound king next steps into the ring in May 2014.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In other words, he feels he is entitled to any major/high profile bout he wants no matter how much he gets knocked out with excuses, simply because he has fast hands and he thinks that's enough to say he's really the best.

Comment

Sounds like khan has been slacking off. Go ahead and overlook Alexander like most people do. This isn't a cake walk for Khan.

Comment

I see a small jab by Hunter for Amir respecting Ramidan.

Comment

I usually predict a UD victory for Floyd fights but if he fights Khan next I'll predict a KO victory for the first time. At this point Khan shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Floyd and this is coming from somebody that used to be a big Khan fan. He's just not the same anymore ever sense the Garcia beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            I see a small jab by Hunter for Amir respecting Ramidan.
            No waisting time on Skype using his right hand for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

If Khan beats Devon he'l need to beat another solid name in May then i'l accept a fight with Floyd for Sep. Didn't Khan get dropped in his last fight after losing 2 of his last 4?

Comment

Tell him Virgil. The boy ain't ready.

Comment

khan has always slacked off all he does is party i cant hate him for it we all do it but that is the reason he is in the position he is in today

Comment

Khan has gotten worse under Hunter. I'm not blaming Hunter but obviously Khan isn't taking his boxing seriously enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X