No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arreola Will Consider Retirement if Mitchell Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arreola Will Consider Retirement if Mitchell Wins

Chris Arreola made changes to his training camp for his September 7th fight against Seth Mitchell that will be televised by Showtime. Arreola normally trains at home in Southern California but decided to get away from the distractions of home and train for this fight in Arizona. The 32-year-old Mexican American spoke to us on BoxingScene Radio about his decision to move his camp.

"I went to Arizona because I can't trust myself. I can't put the blame on anyone else. I could always find a reason not to go to the gym. I could stop and see an oil change place and say hey I need an oil change and stay there," Arreola half jokingly stating while saying he isn't a fan of the desert. "I hate the heat. The heat is hotter than **** but I love boxing so I need to do it." [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully we'll see a top Arreola form turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      Hopefully we'll see a top Arreola form turn up.
      I keep waiting for that.

Comment

Unless im completely misreading this(and thats possible), there is no way in hell Mitchell wins this. They gotta be cashing him out, right? Dumb fight for seth

Comment

Coming up the ranks arreola fought many other prospects & separated himself from the pack. He was hammering guys but was weighing 225-235. As soon as he started getting the HBO checks he got complacent & thought he could get by on his guts & toughness. Bang bang as lampley says & he's off to espn after defeats to vitali & adamek. He cleaned out some journeymen only to have his nose broken by stiverne. He is lucky to be getting this showtime slot. He looks to be in decent shape & this could be it as a headline fighter if he loses & he will be relegated to gatekeeper... he can still make a living but will never see them big checks again.
          Last edited by joe strong; 08-29-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

He sounds like he's already done with the sport. Involves too much training to have success I guess.

Comment

Arreola could show up in a wheelchair and KO Mitchell. It's laughable. Haymon is cashing out Mitchell. Then he's going to have Wilder try and cash out Arreola for him, but it won't happen cause Arreola is going to punch back unlike any of Wilder's any other opponents... Then were right back to where we started... Arreola at the top of the heap.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                Arreola could show up in a wheelchair and KO Mitchell. It's laughable. Haymon is cashing out Mitchell. Then he's going to have Wilder try and cash out Arreola for him, but it won't happen cause Arreola is going to punch back unlike any of Wilder's any other opponents... Then were right back to where we started... Arreola at the top of the heap.
                I agree with you but i have to keep an open mind as i was totally convinced arreola was going to crush stiverne in the first round... Mitchell & wilder can punch...

Comment

he should. mitchell is a really nice and classy guy so i dont like saying it, but truth be told he is kind of garbage as far as his ability is concerned. even for the HW division.

Comment

I am now rooting for Mitchell. Tired of seeing Arreola's lazy behind in the ring

Comment

Working...
                    X