No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren is Almost Set To Name Cleverly's Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren is Almost Set To Name Cleverly's Opponent

The opponent for Nathan Cleverly's WBO world light-heavyweight title defence in Los Angeles on November 10 is expected to be named in the next 24 hours.

Unbeaten American Ryan Coyne withdrew from the contest after it became apparent his legal battle with his promoter Don King would not be concluded in time.

The pair were set to go to court on Thursday with King threatening Coyne and Frank Warren with a lawsuit, but now a new opponent will be sought.

Warren has drawn up a short list of three possibilities, although they would have to be ranked inside the WBO's top 15 in order for it to remain a title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They've found a homeless dude that weighs 175 lbs, just in the process of seeing if he'll accept payment in cans of beer or bottles. Once thats sorted and he's been fitted for gloves and a gum shield and its made sure he cant fight they'll announce him. #bumfighting

Comment

Originally posted by tripper View Post
      They've found a homeless dude that weighs 175 lbs, just in the process of seeing if he'll accept payment in cans of beer or bottles. Once thats sorted and he's been fitted for gloves and a gum shield and its made sure he cant fight they'll announce him. #bumfighting
      I don't agree. I don't think that they will have a hard time finding a credible fighter that just cracked the top 400 for Nathan to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        I don't agree. I don't think that they will have a hard time finding a credible fighter that just cracked the top 400 for Nathan to fight.
        Even glen johnston would have been am ok name, hell throw someone like enzo macrinelli in there to get bashed up its not like he has any shame even the dude he was meant to fight before coyne. Why Warren has picked Coyne when he knew of his issues with Don Kimg is just bizzare, now its like 10 days till the fight and theres no one to fight him its a joke.

Comment

Rumor is it's TONY DODSON

Comment

We have found his american opponent:

Troy Higgins
            residence Kentwood, Michigan, USA
            rating 725 / 887
            won 0 (KO 0) + lost 5 (KO 5)
            http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...2995&cat=boxer

Come'on Troy, you can do it

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Rumor is it's TONY DODSON
              No wins of note, 5 KO losses. Sounds about right.

Don King is a disgrace btw.

Comment

Comment

And his opponant in the blue corner from latvia with 4 wins and 32 losses with two big wins by way of KO Vasijjjjjevvvzzs "seventy syllable surname" Kirokoviccaskijjs...

but seriously it will be someone shjt.

Comment

Maybe they'll go for somewhere with a bit of a US profile but who is clearly past-prime. Librado Andrade is about as risky as I can see them going.

Comment

Working...
                    X