Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will Lara have left after Angulo War ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will Lara have left after Angulo War ?

How much will Lara have left after the Angulo War ? I'm not a fan at all of Lara as he is lack-luster and doesn't want to fight. He impressed me in the Angulo and Williams fights with his quickness but I still have questions about his heart. He was beaten badly by Molina and has struggled mightly against some stiffs too. I still see him as a fringe contender at 154. I have him at # 11.

Thoughts ???

Another hater... After Saturday night you still question his heart? Lol the stupidity of some people on here.

Do you question Angulo's heart too for quitting?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Should take much or anything out of him. I'm surprised he had so much trouble with a slow come forward guy like angulo

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Should take much or anything out of him. I'm surprised he had so much trouble with a slow come forward guy like angulo
        Gotta give credit to Angulo for that. I mean Lara was just tagging Angulo over and over again, I think he did all he could to fend off Angulo and ultimately it paid off.

Comment

Molina didn't "beat Lara badly".

I felt Molina did enough to win but it close a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Another hater... After Saturday night you still question his heart? Lol the stupidity of some people on here.

Do you question Angulo's heart too for quitting?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

No,Lara showed heart in this fight and Angulo too as it was a WAR !!! I still only question Lara's heart and desire to become a true contender at 154. I mean he looked terrible vs Vanes and Molina,almost like he goes through the motions.I have noticed this as maybe a style defect in the Cubans who were great amateurs.They do seem to win a ton fights but lack that "ummph." I like Gamboa a lot but he is becoming a safety fighter and getting hit too much. Rigo is a master boxer but forgets to let his hands go and Lara seems to me to take 3-4 rounds off each fight.

Last edited by marvelousmatt; 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Lara was dropped two times by single shots. He will not be affected by the knockdowns, he earned heart by getting back up and fighting back. Future opponents will make the mistake of thinking Lara has no chin and they will try to come face first at him and will suffer a beating. Angulo has a iron chin and kept coming with relentless shots after eating left after left from Lara.

Angulo will have nothing left after this unfortunately. Hopefully he can get a couple of paydays after this injury

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I think Angulo looked pretty good in there to be honest. He cut the ring off pretty well and obviously has a great chin and power, just these three traits will make this version of Angulo a tough fight for most at 154.

Lara dealt with him reasonably well bearing in mind he was forced out of his comfort zone (he doesnt normally move that much). He never panicked and kept on plugging away throwing hurtful shots. I'd have liked him to throw more body shots to slow down Angulo though, and if i was his trainer i'd probably tell him to just grab hold of Angulo's left arm on the inside should they fight again (as a fan i prefer his way though).

To the op, we've all seen fighters come back from much worse than what happened to Lara, i mean he did win the fight after all... We'll see come his next fight but i'd be surprised if it took that much out of him

Comment

I don't think one hard fight in which he was floored twice but went on to win by TKO should take anything out of a strong young fighter. It may increase his self confidence knowing he can take all that and come out the winner. I think Lara will be just as hard to beat as ever in his next fight. He is one of the best 154 pounders in the world and he will still have a hard time getting other top guys to fight him.Unlike Schaefer I would like to see a fight between Lara and Trout.

Comment

Lara didn't take a beating at all. His defense was very crisp for the most part. Angulo was limited to beating on Lara's body, and it didn't really seem to hurt Lara.

He got caught with very few punches to the head, and was barely marked up after the fight.

I don't think he will have any lasting effects from the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X