No announcement yet.

Knee Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Problem

Ok, so i had an injury earlier this year playing basketball. It was my left knee, it collapsed from heavy landing. It went away after a week or so, but it comes back during activity. A really sharp pain under the knee cap. I played through a bunch of pick-up games, but it was with a limp, looking like a fool with a knee brace. Going full speed is impossible.

Only went to my Physician once (2 months ago, yea stupid) and he suspects inflammation. X-ray seems to be fine also, so she prescribed medicine. But i haven't taken it as i learned that its bad for the liver.

Pain is still there. Even while at rest. Like now, with my legs crossed.

I'm thinking my doctor missed something. Ligament damage?

You do know that liver damage with prescription medication is drastically over exaggerated right? You'd have to take gigantic dosages for a long period of time to get any kind of liver damage.

If it's as simple as inflammation, you probably wouldn't need to take it for more than a couple weeks, and there is no harm in that.

Plus what's the point in going to the doctor/physician if you're not going to ****ing listen to her?

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
      You do know that liver damage with prescription medication is drastically over exaggerated right? You'd have to take gigantic dosages for a long period of time to get any kind of liver damage.

If it's as simple as inflammation, you probably wouldn't need to take it for more than a couple weeks, and there is no harm in that.

Plus what's the point in going to the doctor/physician if you're not going to ****ing listen to her?
      No i do not. But my grandfather died a few years ago from liver cancer and my dad is living with hepatitis. Neither were alcoholic. IDK, maybe those helpd convince me not to take it. Even my doctor reminded me of some possible side effects.

And as to following her advice, well shes not an orthopedist, she checkd and gave me a thumbs up a few seconds after seeing my xray... so im planning to meet an orthopedist.

Thanks 4 d reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Fightmaster View Post
        No i do not. But my grandfather died a few years ago from liver cancer and my dad is living with hepatitis. Neither were alcoholic. IDK, maybe those helpd convince me not to take it. Even my doctor reminded me of some possible side effects.

And as to following her advice, well shes not an orthopedist, she checkd and gave me a thumbs up a few seconds after seeing my xray... so im planning to meet an orthopedist.

Thanks 4 d reply.
        Well prolonged use of drugs that put stress on the liver are probably what caused their liver damage.

But we're talking YEARS of use. A few weeks isn't going to cause you much harm if any at all.

The Doctor, I believe, by law has to let you know of the possibly side effects from what they are prescribing you, mostly to cover their ass if something happens to you. But usually, it's never anything to worry about.

Yeah definitely get it checked out by a professional then so you know for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X