No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Imminent trip to Moscow is “the one” for Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Imminent trip to Moscow is “the one” for Klitschko

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - When all eyes are trained on mid-ring at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas this weekend, what could be the most important fight in the sport this year will actually be three more weeks away.

On Oct. 5 in Moscow, consensus heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko gets another chance to prove himself more than a Ukrainian automaton when he faces consensus No. 1 challenger and dubious title claimant Alexander Povetkin at the stadium originally built for the 1980 Summer Olympics.

The fight will mark Klitschko’s 15th defenses of the IBF and IBO titles he won from Chris Byrd in 2006, the 11th defense of the WBO crown he grabbed from Sultan Ibragimov two years later and the fifth risk of the WBA “super” belt he captured from David Haye in 2011.

Povetkin will walk to the ring with the WBA’s suspect “regular” jewelry, which he acquired via 12-round decision over Ruslan Chagaev – exactly two years, two months and seven days after Klitschko had stopped the German-based Uzbekistan native in nine rounds. [Click Here To Read More]

It's quite surprising that people outside of Eastern Europe and Germany do not show more interest in this fight. I am quite frankly more excited for this fight than for Haye's one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
      It's quite surprising that people outside of Eastern Europe and Germany do not show more interest in this fight. I am quite frankly more excited for this fight than for Haye's one.
      I think people are excited about it, but most expect to know what's going to happen. Wladimir is an A fighter, and Povetkin is a B- fighter. There's not a whole lot to be SUPER excited about.

And why wouldn't you be more excited about this fight than Haye's fight? You are a fan of Wlad and not from the UK.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 09-10-2013, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I think people are excited about it, but most expect to know what's going to happen. Wladimir is an A fighter, and Povetkin is a B- fighter. There's not a whole lot to be SUPER exited about.

And why wouldn't you be more exited about this fight than Haye's fight? You are a fan of Wlad and not from the UK.
        I've been misunderstood, I was speaking wlad vs haye fight.
        Last edited by Dr.Eisenfaust; 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I've been misunderstood, I was speaking wlad vs haye fight.
          Oh you are more excited by Wlad-Povetkin than Wlad-Haye?

I find that very hard to justify.

Comment

Oh you are more excited by Wlad-Povetkin than Wlad-Haye?

I find that very hard to justify.
            Haye is an ambush fighter, he is very exciting to watch when he dominates a fight. When he faces a taller, very skilled and intelligent fighter such as Wlad you can't expect some good exchanges. Povetkin puts the pressure on you, is very smart and explosive and has an excellent footwork. I believe Wlad will face more challenge in the ring this time. That being said, I believe Wladimir is better today than two years ago.

Comment

All haye this and that aside, Wlad v Pov is the biggest fight since Haye stepped in the ring with the young Klit. Wlad knows he will have an easier night though, Pov does nothing exceptional and has no exceptional physical gifts of his own.

I just wana see Wlad pummel this impostor and then KHO. Should be a big night!

Comment

Haye is an ambush fighter, he is very exciting to watch when he dominates a fight. When he faces a taller, very skilled and intelligent fighter such as Wlad you can't expect some good exchanges. Povetkin puts the pressure on you, is very smart and explosive and has an excellent footwork. I believe Wlad will face more challenge in the ring this time. That being said, I believe Wladimir is better today than two years ago.
                I disagree totally. Haye has exchanged with every tall fighter he's been in with. Audley, Gurov, Maccarinelli - even Wlad and Valuev. thing is, the two styles just didn't mix.

Povetkin is clearly getting smashed. Nobody believes otherwise.

At least people were torn before the Haye fight happened.
                With regards to the bold - No he wasn't. He was in his absolute peak vs Haye. That's not to say he's particularly worse now, but he hasn't faced a live challenger in more than two years, so we really don't know. But he hasn't gotten better.

Comment

I disagree totally. Haye has exchanged with every tall fighter he's been in with. Audley, Gurov, Maccarinelli - even Wlad and Valuev. thing is, the two styles just didn't mix.

Povetkin is clearly getting smashed. Nobody believes otherwise.

At least people were torn before the Haye fight happened.
                  With regards to the bold - No he wasn't. He was in his absolute peak vs Haye. That's not to say he's particularly worse now, but he hasn't faced a live challenger in more than two years, so we really don't know. But he hasn't gotten better.
                  He didn't lose a single gram of muscle, didn't gain a gram of fat. His punching power is still the same ( Wach was doped like a horse) and he never trained as hard as today ( he trained more for Pianeta than Haye).

Btw, does anyone know with who he is currently sparring?
                  Last edited by Dr.Eisenfaust; 09-10-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I really hope I am wrong, it would be a shame to have Povetkin as the undisputed champion, but the guys seems to be a very serious contender.

Comment

Working...
                    X