No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quillin to Sanchez: Golovkin’s Opposition Questionable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quillin to Sanchez: Golovkin’s Opposition Questionable

WBO middleweight titleholder Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin fired back at Abel Sanchez, trainer of fellow 160-pound kingpin Gennady Golovkin, regarding his controversial comments regarding the state of the division.

“I had to laugh at those remarks from Abel,” Quillin told BoxingScene.com Thursday afternoon.

In a recent interview, Sanchez responded to the news that Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez was targeting an October return for Quillin, who could possibly make the second defense of his belt against Daniel Jacobs (25-1, 22 KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Really hope he keeps his word and faces the winner of this fight!

I can see him Tyson Fury'ing his way out of it though!

Comment

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
        Really hope he keeps his word and faces the winner of this fight!

I can see him Tyson Fury'ing his way out of it though!
        He had the chance to fight Golovkin and just kept making excuses. At present he is on Showtime and Golovkin is on HBO and so Quillin will say he wants the fight but promotional/TV issues make it impossible. But when he could've had the fight he avoided it.

Golovkin has done his best to fight the best out there whereas Quillin is very selective about who he faces. Danny Jacobs is apparently up next which says it all. He is bigging up N'Jikam as an opponent even though he has no good wins and Quillin screwed him out of a rematch.

His comments about the ratings he got on someone else's undercard says it all really. The guy is 30 years old and still happy to have the same kind of 'championship' run that Andre Berto had.

Comment

I like Quillin, he's a cool dude but all I can say is lol

Comment

Assuming GGG beats macklin, macklin is better than anyone on kid chocolates resume is he not?

Comment

I'm sorry, who was your last 3?

Comment

Now you will fight him, right? He knows the fight cant be make because of the networks. This guy is full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Assuming GGG beats macklin, macklin is better than anyone on kid chocolates resume is he not?
                  Arguably but I was thinking the same thing.

Quillin will KO GGG doe....

Comment

Quillin's a funny/cool dude, I follow him on IG but he's full of it. He's right about GGG but you can say the same about him as well. Hope they meet next.

Comment

Working...
                    X