No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Murray Receives The Green Light To Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Murray Receives The Green Light To Fight Again

John Murray hopes to make a swift return to the ring after a neurosurgeon gave him the all clear to resume his career. Murray was due to challenge Gavin Rees for his British and Commonwealth lightweight titles last December, but he was forced to pull out after a medical showed signs of a swollen pituitary gland in his brain.

The 28-year-old Mancunian has been out-of-action since then, but he is confident the British Boxing Board of Control will let him fight again after reviewing the results of fresh scans.

Murray told the Manchester Evening News: "I had a letter off the neurosurgeon last week, who'd looked at the scans and said as far as he was concerned there was nothing wrong.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for him.

Comment

Good luck to him. If he can still make Lightweight have a warm up then a bout against Gavin Rees.

Any combination of Rees, Murray & Kevin Mitchell would be good.

Otherwise a rematch with Gary Buckland would be a cracking bout.

Comment

I'm really glad he has got the all clear. It just goes to show though, how perilous boxing is financially, when an illness or condition like that can wipe out your money in a matter of months. There really ought to be more protection offered to boxers in that regard, so that they have something to fall back on. The managers and promoters should be taking better care of their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
          I'm really glad he has got the all clear. It just goes to show though, how perilous boxing is financially, when an illness or condition like that can wipe out your money in a matter of months. There really ought to be more protection offered to boxers in that regard, so that they have something to fall back on. The managers and promoters should be taking better care of their fighters.
          IIRC, Murray got paid 75k for the Rios fight and that was before the trainer and promotional fees were taken out. Dunno where I read that.

Comment

glad it looks to have got the all clear. Would love to see Rees v Murray. that would be a great fight

Comment

Working...
            X