Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you consider yourself a boxing historian...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you consider yourself a boxing historian...

Watch this. It has ~500 views which is just shameful.

Nice looking out, this is from the period when he was champion, not the comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
      Nice looking out, this is from the period when he was champion, not the comeback.
      And you can tell, man, this is a hell of a fighter. I'm watching it at about 2/3rds speed and the ref's movement looks pretty natural now and let me tell you - my god this guy was fast. He had power, he could move around the ring and slip punches. This is good stuff. Glad I found it.

Comment

great stuff. i could watch old fights like this all day if it wasnt for the quality, this is real good for such an old fight though. thanks.

Comment

I've seen it before but still enjoy it. I've said it before....Benny Leonard has the best footwork in the history of the sport. The guy looks like he floating even on that grainy film.

Comment

Ray Arcel saw benny fight live in his prime and trained him in his comback. He also trained duran. In his biography he picked the fight benny leonard= duran to be extremly close with benny winning by a whisker. My cat has wiskers and they are thin. What a fight that would have been to watch.

Comment

It would have been sooooooo tricky

But I think Leonard could have outmaneuvered Duran around the ring. I'm still in awe of his footspeed. He makes Mayweather, Ali and Hatton look like leadfooted palookas.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                It would have been sooooooo tricky

But I think Leonard could have outmaneuvered Duran around the ring. I'm still in awe of his footspeed. He makes Mayweather, Ali and Hatton look like leadfooted palookas.
                It would be a great fight and Ray arcel had the privlage of seeing both in their prime. One comment I must make is the other fighter did fairly well as benny ruled in very good era of lw's . As far as footwork ray leonard , willie pep were no slouches as well.

Comment

Working...
                X