Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Groves Could Be Looking at Froch in a Few Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Groves Could Be Looking at Froch in a Few Fights

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom says top rated super middleweight contender George Groves (19-0, 15KOs) might be looking at a showdown with WBA/IBF champion Carl Froch in a few fights. Groves, ranked as high as number one by the WBO, knocked out Noe Gonzalez in the fifth round on the Carl Froch-Mikkel Kessler undercard on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London. Froch got revenge with a decision win over Kessler.

[Click Here To Read More]

In a few fights Froch might just be fading by then. But I wouldn't mind him passing the torch to Groves.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

based on what I saw on Saturday, Froch is already starting to show signs of declining skills-- e.g., inability to throw and land combinations, wildly missing roundhouse lead lefts and rights, decreased defensive reactions....

Comment

Originally posted by mshap View Post
        based on what I saw on Saturday, Froch is already starting to show signs of declining skills-- e.g., inability to throw and land combinations, wildly missing roundhouse lead lefts and rights, decreased defensive reactions....
        These have always been issues with Carl Froch.

Comment

Froch never looked like a world beater, his best strengths are what's inside of him. People say he's an over-achiever, I don't agree with that. He didn't get lucky, he wasn't given an easy route - he's got that warrior mentality and he worked his ass off to reach the heights he's at and he deserves nothing less.

If you're looking for a throwback, Hagler-esque 'go to war' fighter than Carl Froch is your man.

P.S at the ripe ol' age of 35, Carl Froch is smashing every record he's set, he's been fitter in the last couple of fights then he's ever been.

Comment

Working...
          X