No announcement yet.

People who stop supporting boxers because of a loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Fuck Manny Pacquiao, never liked that bum even for a bit.

Fucking flomo!

Comment

I hate Poochia!!!

Viva Juan Manuel!!!!

Comment

I sometimes do that, and I think justifiably if it was against a random bum or journeyman. If it was against a a top fighter, a loss doesn't bother me that much.

Comment

Boxing should change its rules slightly, basically as soon as a fighter loses a fight then thats it...their not allowed to fight anymore. It's like a sudden death/Highlander "there will be only one" type game.

For example,

Bernard Hopkins would of retired from boxing in 1988 when he lost his first fight.

Nonito Donaire should of retired in 2001 when he lost his second fight.

It may sound harsh but that way fans get really get behind someone who really is the best.

Comment

Hell i've been supporting Linares for years ...... even after disappointment after disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Why do people/fans stop supporting boxers just because of a loss or a set back?

I used to see guys raving about Khan going on like they was his biggest fan, ''Khan is the best at 140, he'd beat everyone. He would even beat Floyd, ur just a hater'' he suffers a set back and now all they do is hate on him!

They only like a guy when he is on top.

Fighters can bounce back like, sometimes a loss can be a good thing. It can humble a fighter, make him train harder and get him to work his weaknesses.
              Its not always the end of the road. Losses happen!

I guess it gets me how quick some guys are to jump ship though I do admire some fans for their loyalty.
              let's see if you'll continue supporting Rigo after Donaire KO him!

Comment

The way Khan acted after he loss to Peterson made people shy away from him.

The whole "lucky punch" thing for Garcia aswell.

I can see why some people started to dislike him.

Comment

The era is different man. We are in the era of the hypejobs. Fighters are making careers out of fighting mediocre competition while calling themselves great. They have left it up to boxing fans to guess if the person is the real deal or a splash in the pan. No one knows if Broner, Alvarez, Berto (before the losses), ortiz, chavez jr etc were the real deal because many have done nothing to prove it. If alvarez loses in his upcoming fight with trout that would outweigh his wins because most of them dont mean ****. Half the guys we can only guess how good they are because they have no desire to prove it. Its why people are ship-jumping like crazy in this era.
                  Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Bandwagon... all sports have them. Pats got a huge influx of fans over the years and all those Miami Heat fans conveniently popped up in the last 3

Comment

Non-fans are the ones who stop supporting. I don't know if it an ego thing or just some ppl always want to associate with a winner. Losing is a part of every sport.

But here in BS if a fighter loses he was exposed, no good to begin with, should retire, is garbage, never foughy anybody, is shot, etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X