No announcement yet.

How to train at home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to train at home

Hey Guys I am new to this site I been watching boxing for couple of years and I fell in love with it but only now that I decided to be a boxer but my parents don't want me too so I bought starter gear myself and I started watching videos and applying it to myself for a couple of days until I master it and then practice other things but I want to see what you guys think I should do and how to train to become a boxer one day and btw I am 15 years old

Originally posted by Flash Attack View Post
    Hey Guys I am new to this site I been watching boxing for couple of years and I fell in love with it but only now that I decided to be a boxer but my parents don't want me too so I bought starter gear myself and I started watching videos and applying it to myself for a couple of days until I master it and then practice other things but I want to see what you guys think I should do and how to train to become a boxer one day and btw I am 15 years old
    I did the same thing as you except I had my Dad show me the basics. I bought a heavy bag and have it hanging on an old soloflex bench press converted into pull up bar where the chain is tied around it. I have been using it for about 10 months now and my power and speed is pretty good. If I didn't have my dad teach me I probably would have watched "Bernard Hopkin's Perfect Execution" on Youtube. Also I would watch Expert Boxing and JT Van V for the footwork behind each punch.

Also, I would invest in a speed bag and double end bag only if you are certain your parents will never let you go to a gym. I'm buying a 90' Cadillac I've been saving up for when I get my license since my parents won't let me go to the gym anymore because it cost to much gas money even though its like 2 miles away lol.

Comment

Probably the cheapest and easiest thing you can do is start running a few miles every morning. Road work is very important.

Comment

I have a YouTube that might help

Boxing Basic Series
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...x15Sxmtt3RvU9y

Coach Mike Training Videos
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Cet8vrOzSP4Ria

You can do a lot of this stuff at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          I did the same thing as you except I had my Dad show me the basics. I bought a heavy bag and have it hanging on an old soloflex bench press converted into pull up bar where the chain is tied around it. I have been using it for about 10 months now and my power and speed is pretty good. If I didn't have my dad teach me I probably would have watched "Bernard Hopkin's Perfect Execution" on Youtube. Also I would watch Expert Boxing and JT Van V for the footwork behind each punch.

Also, I would invest in a speed bag and double end bag only if you are certain your parents will never let you go to a gym. I'm buying a 90' Cadillac I've been saving up for when I get my license since my parents won't let me go to the gym anymore because it cost to much gas money even though its like 2 miles away lol.
          Why don't you run there?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoJim View Post
            Why don't you run there?
            Its a little more but the roads have no sidewalk and its like 40-50 mph in my city. Also they open at like 3:30 and close at 5 because its a PAL type place. I get home at 3:30 so by the time i ran there it would be like 4:30.

Comment

Boxing training is a hard thing to do and you need proper training. First you need to buy boxing training gloves and boxing punch bag. Buy these and start training. You can watch youtube videos to train your self.

Comment

Roadwork. Shadow box and groundwork. Those are the three starters you should do even when in a gym. Work and try and practice your technique, look at videos, look at shadow boxing drills. Then after a few months really try and get yourself into a gym

Comment

shadow box mirror youtube

Comment

Yea I agree with MrDagoWhop, definitely watch expert boxing and JT van beginner tutorials. Really you need to go to the gym as it teaches you the proper technique for every movement. However even know it would be a lot better at a boxing gym, the training side you could probably do most of it at home. Just make sure you're always pushing yourself.

You should run around 3-5 times a week doing anaerobic running (around 3 miles) and then do interval running and sprints twice a week (anaerobic training). Make sure you're doing body weight and circuit workouts at least 2/3 times a week and then do explosive weights such as squats, bench press 1-2 times a week. You can research all the best exercises online and then create a really good workout routine to stick to. Try to stick to training about 5 times a week and no more than twice a day.

For technique, follow tutorials from expert boxing/JT van and make sure you absolutely perfect everything from the beginning before moving on. Also, i would strongly encourage you to buy a heavy/punch bag to practice punches, head movement, footwork and interval training on. You should also invest in a mirror to watch your technique when shadowboxing. Unfortunately you need to spar loads as it is a huge part of boxing. You could be amazing on the bags but it's a completely different story when you have an opponent throwing back at you. This is why you need to be at a boxing gym if you're serious about becoming a boxer. However if you do have to wait for a few years just focus on the training and technique aspects.

And make sure you're nutrition is awesome. You will see no results if you're living on three massive fatty carby meals all day. Have around 4-6 small meals with lots of protein, low GI healthy carbs and some fiber and some good fats (e.g cod liver oil).

Remember, never give up! Never back down!

Comment

Working...
                    X