Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cortez helped Floyd against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
    Holding is illegal though.....
    are you being serious? Almost everyone in boxing holds/clinches. Obviously some more than others but it's something that is present in just about every fight.

There are a number of things in boxing that are "technically" illegal but happens all the time.

Comment

I presume this is either a ******ed or sarcastic thread. Its simple enough. Hatton wanted to fight on the inside and Cortez wouldn't let him. Not that Hatton would have won anyway but someone like smoger would at least of let them fight without getting in the way every five minutes and in the long run that would have been better all round because when Floyd still beat Hatton as he obviously would have you wouldn't have people making excuses and blaming the ref. After a fight is done there should be absolutely NO discussion about the ref. If there is discussion about the ref then said ref has been conspicous and as the saying goes, a conspicous ref is a bad ref.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        are you being serious? Almost everyone in boxing holds/clinches. Obviously some more than others but it's something that is present in just about every fight.

There are a number of things in boxing that are "technically" illegal but happens all the time.
        Still illegal whether people like it or not. Lots of people dont even know it is illgal just like the pushing ordeal. Holding is NOT a boxing action just like pushing isnt, hence why they both are illegal actions

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
          true. But I was thinking about Hatton holding lots and remember it is illegal to do so. If anything, the ref helped Hatton since he didnt DQ his a$$
          Because that is what he always does at home and they let him go, his fans don't care if it is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Hatton was a fighter who's biggest strength was mauling his opponents, something Cortez refused to let happen.

Not saying he would have won otherwise, but Hatton's best strategy was not really allowed.
            Which of course is illegal.

He can't really complain about not being allowed to maul and wrestle his opponent.

That being said Hatton could do alot more than just maul.

Comment

I felt the point deduction was a little strong. No need for that.

Plus, later in the fight Mayweather hit Hatton in the back of the head just as blatently.

So I felt that was the worst call from Cortez in the fight.

He had a hard task infront of him in this fight because it was always going to be ugly. But overall I don't think he did as bad as people tend to say. Round 5 he pretty much let them fight inside the entire round.

And he broke them up most of the time because Hatton was wrestling.

Comment

To clarify, I didn't mean maul as is in grabbing and hitting, I meant that generally Hatton wanted to be right on top of his opponent and fighting inside, and that was clearly what he wanted to do to Floyd. Cortez didn't allow that, which obviously hurt him.

Again, he wouldn't have won anyway, but that doesn't excuse Cortez.

Comment

cortez didn't allow hatton's only gameplan.. and of course the ring post didn't help either..

Comment

because floyd gave him a new corvette

Comment

Because Cortez didn't help and its easier to blaim Cortez than to accept Hatton LOST the fight, and not by close D. He was KOed.

Comment

Working...
                      X