No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver-Lebedev Next in England?; Toney Claims Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver-Lebedev Next in England?; Toney Claims Injury

Inside the Khodynka Ice Palace in Moscow, Russia, the post fight press conference for "Not a Step Back" took place, with all of the main personalities involved - including James Toney, Denis Lebedev, Kostya Tszyu, promoter Vladimir Hryunov and several other key figures. Earlier, Denis Lebedev dominated former three division champion James Toney over twelve one-sided rounds to capture the interim-WBA cruiserweight crown.

[Click Here To Read More]

Guess he's on his 40 year old tour

Comment

ayone with brain cells could see that toney injured his leg in the 2nd round.........

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        ayone with brain cells could see that toney injured his leg in the 2nd round.........
        yep clear as day

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
          I really hope this is you being sarcastic or maybe you are Toney. Either way, its clear as day Toney probably should retire. I'll admit I didn't see the fight but the photos I've seen online look like Lebedev landed some nice punches on Toney. And Lebedev has pretty solid pop to his punches. You don't always have to knock your opponent out to cause damage to them.

Comment

Tarver vs lebedev is a great fight! i hope it happens! Tarver still is kinda fresh despite that he is 42 years old! Lebedev is very beatable and i would pick tarver by knockout! round 8

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
              Tarver vs lebedev is a great fight! i hope it happens! Tarver still is kinda fresh despite that he is 42 years old! Lebedev is very beatable and i would pick tarver by knockout! round 8
              Tarver actually looks like he has gas left in his tank. It would be an interesting fight. I picked against Tarver in the Green fight, so I'm automatically going to pick Tarver to win by decision over Lebedev. I mean I can't pick against Tarver twice. That would make me a fool. But Lebedev is no joke but I think Tarver does some things that could cause Lebedev problems.

Comment

Toney showing some class in defeat. I'm also confused as to how Guillermo Jones has kept his belt. He has only fought once in over 3 years.

Comment

Tarver has the reach and the heavy hands to watch out for, but I wouldn't count on the old man crew to beat Lebedev. Needs to be someone a little fresher than people who enjoyed their greatest success a decade ago. In Toney's case, nearly two decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    Tarver has the reach and the heavy hands to watch out for, but I wouldn't count on the old man crew to beat Lebedev. Needs to be someone a little fresher than people who enjoyed their greatest success a decade ago. In Toney's case, nearly two decades ago.
                    What about Steve Cunningham?

Comment

Working...
                    X