No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios is Just a Fighter, And That’s Good Enough For Us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios is Just a Fighter, And That’s Good Enough For Us

By Jake Donovan - Bob Arum has a gift for selling a fight, sometimes to the point of unbelievable hyperbole. But even the Hall of Fame promoter knows when to pump the brakes and just recognize something for what it truly is.

“Brandon Rios and Urbano Antillon - you don’t have to sell that fight. Everyone knows they are going to see a really great and entertaining fight.”

Marketing in its simplest form.

The lightweight battle – which takes place at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California – needs no primer, just a camera to bring the action to those at home who love nothing more than a good old-fashioned throwdown. Showtime has that part covered, airing the card live at 10PM ET.

The network didn’t hesitate to become involved after being along for the ride in Rios’ last fight – a thrilling 10th round knockout of Miguel Acosta in what became the year’s first legitimate Fight of the Year contender.

Without overselling the fight, expectations are for this weekend’s action to contribute to that category.

“I’m personally looking forward to seeing this fight because I love an all-action fight,” Arum proudly states. “I personally predict that when all is said and done and we’re sitting around discussing fights of the year, this fight will be right up there as one of the candidates as 2011 Fight of the Year.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

It will be a great nite of boxing

Comment

Amazing how just last july,Rios was just a prospect.Now a year later he
      may be the best in this divison.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        true that. before his fight with peterson on the gamboa-salido card, i was telling the guys i was watching the fight with about rios cuz they never heard of him. now he is a champion and kickin ass. good for him. hope its a good scrap on sat. im watching that 1 live and ill just watch the williams-lara fight after. thank good for dvr's!!!!

Comment

Yeah he is i don't think no one can beat him @ LW save for Maybe JMM

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Jake Donovan - Bob Arum has a gift for selling a fight, sometimes to the point of unbelievable hyperbole. But even the Hall of Fame promoter knows when to pump the brakes and just recognize something for what it truly is......
            I am really starting to like Rios.

I dont give a **** about his childish pranks or his big mouth.

He brings it, so he can say whatever he likes.

I respect him for the genuine heartfelt apology to Roach, and I respect him for admitting that he was wrong about Ortiz after the Berto fight, but I really respect him for the superb win over Acosta.

WARRR Bam Bam !!

And the very best of luck to Antillon as well, this should be a cracker, cant wait for this fight man, props to both guys.

Comment

*cough* Marquez *cough*

Comment

Kinda wish he hadn't have done some douchey things, but he's also relatively young and seems to have learned from em somewhat. Past that, he's fun to watch and I'm becoming a fan.

We'll be there at the Home Depot Center this Saturday with a bunch of the folks from MaxBoxing.

Comment

Good action fighter with youth on his side. Hopefully it won't be a short lived career cause he takes a lot of punishment

Comment

Antillon isn't weak like Peterson, he'll land some big punches on the inside. I'm looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X